Chapter 8.1 - For Whom My Tears Have Made Me Blind

It was starting to become something of a routine in the last few weeks, Vansh stopping by Riddhima's place to check up on her. He didn't have to hide the fact that he was worried about her, she didn't seem to mind when he came over. Vansh hadn't had to spend the night again after that one time but it was not uncommon for him to stay until late into the evening. Often times these interactions included some form of physical contact, he knew that she needed to be reminded that someone could touch her. She was comfortable with him, the reasons for that were best left unexplained.

Riddhima opened the door almost as soon as he knocked on her door. "Come in," she told him not bothering with hello.

"You don't seem upset."

"Well my day has been spent sitting in front of the television watching infomercials and reassuring Viraj that I really am fine," she explained, "this right here is the most exciting thing that has happened since I watched that new vacuum contraption that can clean the top of the refrigerator."

Vansh couldn't stop himself from smiling. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard."

"I know!"

He continued to smile as he maintained eye contact. "You bought one didn't you."

"Of course not." Vansh refused to look away until she blushed and looked down. "It ships in six to eight weeks." Then he allowed himself to laugh and she groaned. "I'm just bored!"

Vansh was still laughing when he sat down on her couch. "Well I suppose it could be worse. You could have gotten one of those blankets with sleeves." Riddhima looked down at the ground again and Vansh actually felt something akin to joy. "You didn't…" The ashamed look in her eyes made him laugh even harder.

"It's called a Snuggie," she corrected him.

He put a hand to his mouth to try and bring a modicum of control to his laughter. "I have…there are no words."

"Stop making fun of me."

"Oh you lost that right when you bought a blanket that has sleeves."

"Ugh you're right," she said collapsing onto the couch next to him. "Vansh, do me a favor. Break my TV, I don't want to buy a Sham Wow or Oxy Clean or any of that other stupid stuff."

"Then what would you do all day?" he asked turning to look at her. She seemed pretty relaxed at the moment; this was a good thing.

"Then take my credit cards away." He laughed again and patted the back of her hand. She grabbed it, holding onto him. "I just want to go back to work."

Vansh smiled. "The cast would get in the way."

"The cast comes off next week."

"Then you need physical therapy from your arm being immobile for six weeks."

"Oh…right," Riddhima muttered. "Then what can you do to keep me from watching infomercials?"

"Well there is always hypnosis."

She didn't like that idea. "You know what, why do I need a life savings anyways? Oxy Clean could really come in handy."

Vansh laughed again and shook his head. "Why don't you just go out?"

Riddhima got quiet and shook her head. "No, I'd rather stay here."

"But you're bored."

"I don't want to go out, Vansh," she told him firmly.

He sighed; he knew why she preferred staying inside of her apartment. "You shouldn't let what happened stop you."

"I didn't go out much before I was raped, Vansh, not much is changing except I don't have the excuse of paperwork to finish at the moment," she replied. Riddhima stood up from the couch. "I'm going to get some water, you want tea or something?"