S4 Ch13- Dinner With The Parents

Josie's POV

We were walking into the Mystic Grill. I spot Penelope from afar with the 7th hook up she's had in a week. Mom, dad, Hope and I all sat down at a table.

St: So nice of you to join us this evening Hope.

H: I'm happy to be here. But uh where's Lizzie?

Ca: She didn't get invited. Stefan and I only wanted the both of you here.

J: Why mom?

Ca: Your father is still running tests on Hope to see if she's the right one.

H: Tests?

St: Care it's not like that. I'm not running tests. I'm simply taking care of my daughter. I'm sure you understand?

H: Of course sir. I understand.

We ordered our drinks and Hope holds my hand under the table. Probably so my dad doesn't get on her about that. It's bad enough that he's basically running tests on her like a guinea pig.

St: Now we've already had a chat earlier this morning.

Hope nods. Almost scared to say anything that might upset him.

St: And yes I gave you my approval but Caroline also has some things to say.

H: Okay, lay it on me then.

J: Hope, you don't have to listen.

H: Jo, everything is okay. Remember our talk earlier?

I nod and Hope smiles.

H: If I have to get both parents approval than I'll do it. Anything for you.

Hope turns her attention back on mom and dad. She gives them a small little smile and dad and mom give each other a confused look.

Ca: You guys seem to talk about your feelings quite a lot with each other.

H: I want Josie to know that she has someone listening to her. I want her to know that I'm not going to give up on her. If she chooses to share how she feels than I'll listen. If she doesn't want to say anything than that's completely fine. It's her choice.

Ca: That's actually really adorable. You must really love her.

H: Of course I do, who wouldn't. She's caring, nice and everything I wish I could be.

St: You mean that?

H: A Mikaelson never lies sir.

I look down and Hope realizes what she said. She turns her attention to me and makes me look at her.

H: I'm sorry. I- I am so sorry. 

J: It's fine Hope.

Hope smiles a sad smile, the most sad smile that you'll ever lay your eyes on. Stefan clears his throat and Hope turns her attention back to him.

St: What'd you tell my daughter?

H: I told her she was nothing without her sister.

St: You're lucky we're in public. You'd be dead right now.

H: I didn't mean it though. I promise. Josie means a lot to me and I'll do anything to prove it to you.

St: I can't believe I gave you my approval.

H: Sir please, this is a misunderstanding. I didn't mean it.

Penelope comes over and sits down next to Hope, making Hope move over and making me get pushed up against the wall.