Chapter 12

Alise

"So how does the food taste?" I ask my husband and 3 year old son. "Its good!" James yells out. My husband grabs my hand from across the table and smiles.

We eat in comfortable silence for awhile until I feel a pair of eyes burning through the side of my face. I start to look around when I notice him. Chris. With a pregnant girl. I dont know why but i felt..... Jealous.

Chris

I just couldnt stop staring at her. She looks so good. "What's wrong with your face. You look sad" Jordyn says following my gaze. "Who's she?" Im kind of taken back by her soft tone. I was expecting her attitude.

"Alise" I mumble. She stares at me for a moment and looks back over at Alise. I watch her dig through her purse and pull out a diamond ring.

"My father bought it" "Oh...". We sit in silence for a while until she flashes me a smile I cant help but return. "So what names are you thinking of?" She asks me making focus back on her. "I dont know. Im not good at names..." I respond trailing off and looking at Alise again.

"You know that ring on her finger is amazing" Jordyn retorts causing me to look at Alise's hand. My heart shatters when I stare at it. She has a family.

"The little bitch aborted your baby, just to go and do the exact same thing with another man" Jordyn says with an slight attitude. "I can see that" I shoot back.

She smiles at me like she's amused with my current state. "Chris I'm ready to leave" "I thought you were hungry" "Not for this" I raise my eyebrows as my eyes get wide. "Oh..." "Boy no I just dont want to eat here. I want to eat someplace else" I laugh and shake my head.

I stop, when I notice that Alise's table is right next to the door. I think Jordyn catches on because she puts her ring on her left hand and kisses me.

I finally catch on.... She wants to make Alise jealous. She leads me towards the door but stops. At Alise's table . "Aw what's this cuties name" Jordyn says looking at the child. "That's James me and my wife's son" I cringe at the sound of the sound of his voice. "Oh he looks just like his mother" Alise gives Jordyn a slight smile.

"Me and my husband Chris are waiting on our first but of course you all can see that" Jordyn says happily showing off her ring. "Im surprised that he even has time for a little girl" Alise says glaring at Jordyn. "Well Im surprised that James made it out of the womb, since you seem to love abortion clinics" Jordyn shoots back. The two girls stare at eachother for a while before I pull Jordyn out of Bristo's.

"What....?" I start looking over at Jordyn. "She was jealous, plus you need to move on. She is not a factor in your life and vice versa"

"You know her calling you a little girl wasnt so offensing right?" Jordyn laughs and looks at me nodding. "I know I just had to get that one off.....Chris?"

"Jordyn." "Would you ever marry me?" Jordyn asks quietly. I start up the car and head towards my house.

I keep glancing over at Jordyn who hasn't taken her tear filled eyes off of me.

She's crying hard by time I pull up to her house. "Jordyn are you coming home with me?" she nods her head yes and tells me to wait in the car.

***

"Oh harder" "Jordyn" I say with a smirk on my face. "What? you give the best foot massages" she says smiling. "Yeah I know" I get up and pull her to her feet. "Why did you ask me if I wanted to marry you?" "Because I love you.... I want to marry you" she says walking into the kitchen. "But why?" She pulls grapes out of the refrigerator and turns around and looks at me. "I dont know. I mean you did choke me out"

"Im sorry about that Jordyn" I say lowly. "You should be" she says throwing a grape at me.