Chapter 7: Home Sweet Home

Three hours. I have to be in this car for three more hours. I dozed off every once in a while, it was 7:30 in the fucking morning. Xavier was driving, I was sitting in the passengers seat. I haven't said a word other than "I need to pee" or "I'm hungry".

I was content with listening to my music and staring out of the window.
Unfortunately for I, my iPod died.
The other three boys were sleeping, and I need to clear something up.

"I wasn't running away." I said looking forward. "I'm not a coward. I wasn't running away." I took a deep breath "I was running towards something. I was running towards a new chance, a new life, a chance to actually live. But for some reason, I couldn't get that. I finally got the courage to start living my own life for me, and you come along with the them-" inhale "and you took the chance away from me. I have never met you. I haven't done anything to you. I've done nothing to deserve this!" Exhale "what did I do to deserve this?! Did I do something to piss you off? I haven't done anything to you!" Inhale.
Exhale.

I look over to see Xavier clenching the steering wheel, his tan knuckles turning white from the pressure, his jaw clenched, you could tell he was pissed. Well pissed was a complete understatement.
It would also be an understatement to say I was scared, because I was utterly completely petrified. My breathe caught in my throat, his turned to look at me- his grey eyes burning into my brown ones. He pulls to the next exit; completely unaware of the tension, the three boys in the back are snoring.

He parks the car, gets out, and before I know it I'm being pulled out. Sparks or shocks or a little tingling feeling shoots up my arm, although it doesn't hurt, it doesn't help the situation.

I'm up against the car, his arms are on both sides of me, his head ducked down to meet me in my eyes. I've just noticed how tall he was, at 5'4'' I wasn't exactly short, but he had to be about 6'2" towering over me.

His face is emotionless.
"Look,you're right I took you from the life you were wanting. I did that, go ahead hate me for it." His loud voice drops to a deadly whisper "but you are mine, and you are and forever be on my side, got it?"

I didn't even had time to reply because the warmth that surrounded me had disappeared, I'm practically shoved into the car, and before I knew it I'm back on the road.

About an hour after the 'incident', the boys started to wake up, however the tension didn't seem to disappear in that time.

The boys could sense the tension, it was so thick I thought I would choke on it.

"Xavier... She needs to eat pullover to the nearest McDonalds or something." Luke said, obviously aware of the tension because of how lightly he treaded on his words.

Xavier made no sound, his expression didn't change. However he pulled into the nearest rest stop, thank god for the McDonalds.

"Stay here." Was all Xavier said as he and Luke hoped out the car to get food.
After awhile it was Patrick that broke the silence.
"Ace..." Patrick started, "are you okay?"
"What happened? You know between you and Alpha" Jacob questioned
softly.
Before I could answer Luke and Xavier were back. Xavier drops a bag onto my lap, he then starts to drive. I could hear the boys in the back eating- but I couldn't take my eyes off this damn bag.

I finally got the courage to open it, it had the pancake breakfast big platter plate.
I immediately opened the syrup and began to dip my hash brown in it.
Xavier chuckles, I jumped from the surprise.
He doesn't say a word, but he has a small smirk on his face. I just continue to eat.

After I finish, I put my music back into my ears, and stare out the window.
I don't know how long but before I knew it, the car stops.

"Home sweet home" Patrick says, and then proceeds to jump out of the car.