Chapter 52: People Never Stay

He put me down in the car, he hasn't spoken a word to me. Before I knew it we were in a secluded forest area near some hotel. 

He put the car in park, got out. I followed him to a hotel room. I couldn't figure out his emotions. He just walked into the room, sat on the bed and laid down. His arms over his face, and he groaned. 

"That's my competition? Him? He's what's stopping you from loving me, or admitting it." His voice monotone, he was emotionless- and he darkly chuckled. "I'm going out for a run, I'll be back in a few hours." He grabbed his bag, and he left the room. 

I sat down on the bed and I started to cry.
I don't know why I started to cry but I did. I tried o be silent, because I was afraid he would hear me as he walked away. I think that's why I was crying. Because he was walking away. People never stay. Out of anger or pride they leave, or they will fade away. But one thing I learned is people never stay. 

But you fight for the people you want in your life. And I haven't once fought to stay on his side. So I got up and I ran out the room, to see him leaning on the wall next to the door, staring at the floor. 

"I carried you in the hospital, because I was afraid you wouldn't follow me. It took everything I had not to run back into the room, I don't know how long I would've waited. But when I carried you he mumbled something 'As if she will ever choose to follow you, like she followed me'. And I needed to see if he was right. Because after all this time- you haven't once fought to be on my side..." He looked up, and looked me in my tear filled "...but you followed me today- and that gives me hope that maybe you do feel the bond." He looked up, "I won't make it a habit to test you. I'm sorry for making you cry..."

"Xav," he looked down "what if I didn't follow you."

"Then I needed to find another way for you to fall in love with me, because I won't stop fighting for you. I'm not going anywhere." 

But people never stay...