chapter 1 | Waffles

Now, what to eat ?
Waffles ? Nope it's too sweet for breakfast but also still counts as breakfast.

Ouhhh, burger !!!
Wait no,  its too early for lunch and still breakfast special hours.  But I am however craving something greasy.
Brunch, I guess?

Mimosas ? It's still to early for alchohol, but then again it's the perfect time to drink somewhere in the world, I need some alchohol in my system, that is something I'm not about to deprive myself, no second guessing.

Come to think of it I might just apire to be that rich aunt that always has a flute of perfectly chilled champagne in her hand and just delegates people around but never really does hard labour just the easy going one, always with a huge sun hat to cover a whole congregation. But one can only dream.

The fact that my uncles are not fond of the idea of their niece drinking alchohol infront of them, already subjects me to drinking alchohol out of a mug during family gatherings. But i think this also stems from a place of them not bieng able to accept that I'm grown.

Growing up as  black kid, is a wild experience, one that I get to look back at and laugh sometimes. Although when I was going through that whole experience, nothing was funny about it.

Jumping fences to steel lemons at makhis lemon tree with a plastic full of spices ,or screaming "ba utswa di perekisi" just to spite the elders even when nobody was actually stealing peaches.
Or getting scolded at because Mmamoruti is "concerned" that you hang out with a lot of boys, who also turn out to be the ones stacking tins with you outside the yard for dibeke.

based on the stories my mother used to tell me about my grandmother,it makes me realise that bieng a strict black parent is hereditary.

I evetually end up ordering flap Jack's and a Mimosa. I give the waiter back the menu and he tells me that he would bring my drink shortly and he whisks away.

This place is very calm, that's what I love the most about this establishment, it's quite and it's not often that you find it on a full house, it's usually just a relaxed group of people and sometimes millionaire wives coming together for a book club while the kids have gone to school during the week or on weekends it's just small families out for brunch while in the middle of an errand outing, its relaxing actually, nobody ever really comes here to work.
That's what makes it more calming, the fact that you don't see anybody working around, immediately just obliterates those thoughts of work.
Out of sight out of mind right ?
But however there is always that one couple sitting on the deck taking it easy on a lazy Saturday afternoon just enjoying their company together , or a man in the far conner with a huge cup of a coffee and a politics paper back book in his hand or usually just a news paper he bought at a traffic stop on the way here, with big juicy dramatic headlines but he is only there for economic section of the paper .

I love reading, with a passion although modern technology has made it more easier for us by introducing ebooks to publishing firms and authors as well as the readers too. I am however drawn to traditional book reading, its the turning of pages that I really love and the new book fresh paper smell that gives me a bit of a natural smell, kind of like when the soil is a bit wet from the rain that just fell a few minutes ago. It's also in the smell of petrol as well. Google explains this as a medical disorder but I don't really care. I'm just here for the finer things in life.

The aethetics of this restaurant is minimalist, with oak finishes and beige walls, dark green contrast furniture pieces here and there and abstract art hanging on a few walls. Statement pieces as well as some yard woven chandeliers hanging low from the ceiling, a floor to ceiling books shelf on the far end of the restaurant.
Not to mention the quality surround sound system throughout and a mini play area just outside in the courtyard, it's very cozy one might argue too cozy ,not to mention the food here is actually amazing and I don't mean fancy gourmet food I'm talking big greasy ribs and one hundred percent beef burgers and that's just the tip of the ice berg.