prologue

Okay, my plan is to finish this errand within ten minutes, get what I need checkout and then go home. Maby grab a bottle of wine and some chips and catch a movie on Netflix when I'm done, because lord only knows I need this after the weeks I've had.

After so many months of hosting exhibitions if not private galas for wealthy people and some private events at the gallery I'm honestly ready to make a major reboot. Even if it I means dissappearing for a few days It would be Okay, anything so I can relax at this point honestly.

I'm standing in the cosmetics isle, looking for shampoo and conditioner, my hair is long over due for a wash and im lazy to go to the salon. Mostly because I'm avoiding the gossiping ladies at the hair salon. If it's not the side chick chronicles it's the baby daddys drama. If it means washing my own hair at home just so i can spend fifteen minutes less in the salon and spend a little less for washing, I'm happy to oblige.

Picking hair products, is usually a hassle because 4c hair is built different. It's built to torture black girls. But we wouldnt be black if we didn't have afros. Maintaining is also another thing. To be honest the glorified part of 4c hair is what I'm here for, because it's nothing but the truth. It leaves you feeling like a queen once you have the up do or leave your hair combed out. But the rest is torture, but beauty is pain right.

Now do i go simple and save money or do I go for extravagance and bruise my pockets with an expensive hair care routine...

My focus is cut short when I hear a tiny little voice filled with so much plead conversing with a masculine voice ,just a few meters away from where I'm standing, arguing back and forth.

which Is so funny because it doesn't sound like an argument at all, it just sounds like both parties are basically just patronizing each other in a very polite manner but you can clearly hear the impatience in the tiny little voice...

I turn my head and I am met by a father and daughter duo just a few meters from me.

"Daddy I think we should just go with what we know, plus I love this one it makes my hair smell really nice..." the little girl says as she points at a hair conditioner, she looks nothing above the age of 5.

Her dad just looks unfazed but also looks like he doesn't know what he's doing, he looks down at her as she looks back up at him, he looks at her blankly, and he doesn't say anything this time. He puts the conditioner back in to the shelve and picks up another one. The little girl takes her dad's silence as a que to further her suggestions. All the while she has her hands stuffed Inside her jacket Dressed in a very vibrant outfit and a pair of shiny sneakers.

"Plus daddy look it also has princesses, and you know I love princesses, but I'm also hungry and think it's time we went home now, we've been here for too long, and I want to watch butter butter sprinkle muffin"

she says in a pleading manner. Very direct i must add as well.

she is obviously done with this store, she might as well just tear it down if her dad doesn't decide what he wants.

" Mel how long is too long, we've basically been here for like ten minutes and we just ate, people probably think I'm holding you against your will when really I'm just trying to make sure my child doesn't look like Einstein when she goes to school, what happened, on last week's episodes anyway, and remember we promised that we would watch it together Mel." He says to the little girl while he still keeps his attention on the hair products... occasionally looking down at her.

" I think Einsteins hair is nice and also Muffin told Philly she likes him..."she says excitedly to her dad.

Okay first of all unpopular opinion, Einstein hair is a banger.