Chapter 31 | Whats done in the dark.

Peloyame

Mel is watching my stomach as the baby continues kicking.

Since those first kicks he hasn't stopped kicking. This week was supposed to be My third check up and ultrasound but due to obvious reasons I missed my appointment, and from the way it seems I'm about to miss plenty more.

Luhh says the baby is doing okay so far and he's healthy.

He keeps saying "he" as well when he talks about the baby, I think that he has succumbed to the Idea of us having a baby boy although he was so eager to have another baby girl.

The baby kicks again on my lower abdomen and Mel's moves her hand towards where the baby recently kicked and she giggles when he kicks again in the same spot.

"I can't wait for him to come"

She says as places her head on my belly, and he does another kick against her cheek. And she smiles even further while she looks at me. I brush her back as I watch her interact with her brother.

I can already tell that she's going to be the over protective type.

Neveah quickly rushes towards the direction of coles office and she stands against the door and she places her ear against it. After some time she lifts her head and she brushes her fore head.

She's pink.

He opens the door and he finds her standing infront of it.  And he stares at her for some time.

"Go fetch your stuff"
He soflty says before he kisses her forehead.

He's looking at her with so much love in his eyes.

I've never seen this look on his face, since ever, not even when his relationship with Pearl was still in the honeymoon phase.

The way he's looking at Neveah, he has never looked at Pearl the way he does with her.

"Mel ?"
She asks as she stares at him again.

"Nev go and fetch your stuff"

She looks at Lunga behind him, who's seated on the couch and he has his brows furrowed as he looks at neveah.

He's angry.

"Go you'll find me out"
He says as he interrupts the mini staring contest between the both of them .

"I'm not leaving without her Nay"

"We have to"

She stares at him for some time . And they have an unspoken conversation she nods at him before she leaves and starts to head back up stairs.

Where do they want to take Mel.

I stare at him and he just stares back.

"Nay..."

I say and he runs his hand down his face.

"What is this ? Your whoring around now is that what this is?"

He sighs

"I can't do this with you to right now"

"What about Pearl?"

"I'm divorcing Pearl"

"So you couldn't wait till after the divorce to start whatever this is with Neveah ?"

"Do you have that little respect for her ?"
I ask him as I narrow my eyes at him.

He just stares down.

"Just because your in a relationship with her mother doesn't make you an instant father, and she has no right to ask to take mel, she knows where she stands"

"Look you don't even know the half of it"

"No I think I know just enough Nay"

"I'm just here to get my family and leave"

"What family Nay ? Your not even supposed to be here, what's making me angry is the fact that your here cheating on a good woman."

"Don't act like the person you married is a Saint."

"Whats that supposed to mean ?"

"Ask him to tell you the truth about mel"

Neveah stars to descend down the stairs and she's arguing with Sizwe.

"How will I explain you leaving to Lorna ?"
He shouts at her.

"I don't know, I'll speak to Lorna"

She says calmly.

"So your leaving with him. Who is he ?"

"Sizwe..."

She looks at Nay and back at Sizwe again.

"So you've been sleeping with him ?"

He says as he looks at Nay.

"Sizwe why do you care who I sleep with, it's my decision to make and it doesn't concern you who I choose to sleep with. Your married, i don't owe you any explanation"

She snaps.

He has this look of disbelief plasterd across his face almost like he can't believe what's coming out of her mouth.

"Sizwe we spoke about this, you have to let go"

She says quietly, but Loud enough for him to hear. But those words find my ears as well.

And everything goes quiet as soon she says this. For a very long while.

Everybody is just staring at the two people standing before us.

What level of messed up is this ?

Whats going on ?

"Did you fuck my cousin ?"

Lornas voice echoes around the room.

Somebody bring me a shot.

Sizwe doesn't say anything he just stares at Neveah.

I can't even explain the look on Lornas face, she's hurt.

Deeply hurt.

Nay just has a blank expression on his face, and neveah... Is just still staring at sizwe.

"Nay please take her with you"
I say to him.

"Come on "
He says as he gently pushes her by her waist and they leave.

Lorna plompts down on the couch and she exhales. Loudly .

She's crying.

Sizwe is just staring at her, with his hands in his pockets. While he leans against the wall

A tear drops from his eye.

He knows that his marriage is over. Lorna is never going to forgive him for this.

Mel has disappeared I don't even know where she went.

And lunga heaves a loud sigh next to me.

This is too much.

"I think we should give them some space bun bun"

He says as he starts to nudge me.

What is it with the Sibeko men and secrets.

I stand up and I approach Lorna.

"Lorna do you want to come with me ?"

I say I lean down closer towards her.

She lifts her head and she looks at me and she nods before She immediately stands up and I wrap my arms around her and we head upstairs.

Her cries are soul piercing, what Sizwe has done, cannot be undone. It makes me wonder if Lunga knew too because the way he reacted he wasn't as surprised as everybody else.

If it's not baby mama drama, it's cheating scandals, dodging bullets and a pinch of family drama.

If I could, I would drown myself in alchohol, these news didnt't need me sober.