Chapters 36 | Im done

Pelo

Its been three hours since Mel went into the OR. I don't have a say in any of this. I don't have her medical proxy, I may be her adoptive mother but by law Neveah's say has the most weight, Lunga isn't here, so that leaves neveah to have the final say about what happens to Mel.

I've basically been a mother to Mel longer than she can ever be. She's only been here for two seconds and she already has the final say, this whole situation is making my head spin.

Everything happened so fast, since Mel got shot, it's too much for me to comprehend. Lunga and Jason are no where to be found. I could get to Lorna fast enough we had to leave her behind. I don't know who called Neveah but she's here.

The pressure on my lower abdomen does not decrease, and so does the pain. It gets worse the longer i keep waiting for a confirmation from somebody that Melanie is okay.

My leg bounces as I try to compose my pain.

He barges into the waiting room, ready to kill someone, his eyes find me before they find neveahs. She's been pacing around this waiting area ever since Mel went in.

Just as he approaches me, the doctor comes out of the OR. We stare at him Waiting for his response.

" Evening, I am doctor Marsha and I am going to be Melanie's doctor for the rest of her stay here...
He pauses before he speaks again.

"The bullet did not puncture any vital organs, but because she has such a tiny body were not really sure how much impact the bullet had but were going to run further imagings and tests and they should tell us more about her condition,but she's not yet out of the woods. Im only going to allow two people at a time after then she needs to rest"

He says and he gives us as sad smile.

Lunga looks at neveah and he nods at her and   they go to where the doctor leads them too.

And I'm left alone, broken and still clueless about my babies condition. He chose her over me like I don't exist, He hasn't seen me in 3 weeks and the first time that we see each other and our daughter is figting for her life he chooses her over me.This hurts more than anything

I sit down on the cold and uncomfortable steal chair in the waiting room. The pain is getting worse. I hold onto the arm rest and I begin to squeeze it as the pain gets worse. I close my eyes, i breath out and rub my belly.

"Come on baby stay strong for mommy"
I whisper.

Tears start to roll down my eyes, I know what's coming, I'm losing this baby.

I feel something running down my legs and I can hear it dripping.

It's blood.

"Bring a strectcher stat"
Someone screams.

A middle aged woman comes and shines a torch in my eyes.

"No please, no Mel is still in there"

"We have to get you into the OR before you lose this baby mam"
She says as they start pulling me up.

I feel a sharp pain, this time, more painful than the last.

They lift me up onto the bed and I'm pushed into a passage as the pain becomes unbearable, I start to cry even further, I cry for Mel, I cry for me and I cry for the baby that I'm losing.

They push they strectcher as the passing passage lights start to blind me, everything goes quiet, the pain stops, the Chaos around me stops, and everything turns black.

-----

Its that familiar beeping sound again,I'm alone in the room, the bed is cold, the pain on my abdomen is still there's but not as bad as the recent one.