Chapter 47 | Tennessee

Peloyame.

Plates are clunking on the breakfast table And there's awkward stares all around, Everyone is just as baffled as I am. This whole room is like Hiroshima after a nuclear bomb was dropped. Im still trying to wrap my head around this whole thing.

Lunga keeps staring at me and Mel is just casually eating her breakfast. And Lorna... Lorna is just there. I don't even want to touch on sizwe. And I keep staring at the men that looks identical to my husband. He has his hand wrapped around the brunette woman and the dad... he's also just there indulging in his food.

"The food tastes delicious, I don't know when was the last time I had such a good meal"

He says as he stares at the brunntte lady and he puts his cutlery down inside the plate. She smiles at him and she shakes her head my husband's doppelganger chuckles and he kisses her temple. And finally his eyes land on mines and I give him a polite smiles.

The man looks at Lunga before he sighs. Lunga doesn't say anything he just stares at him.

"Thirty three years ago I met a woman in Pretoria, i was very young, but she was younger and so beautiful. We met in a book store, she's was there to trade in her mills&boon collection for a new one and I was there for other reasons. And immediately right there and then I knew that she would be my wife some day. At first glance.

He says with a bit of an Irish accent. 

"But she gave me the run around for months but I never gave up, I kept pursuing her till she gave in. And from the moment she gave in we didn't waste any time. Like the nursery rhyme, first comes love, then comes marriage and there were babies in golden carriages, but it was different with this one, there's no marriage, just love and babies. Two boys to be exact...  we were happy and inlove and excited as well. But our joy was cut short when my work started to threaten our livelihood.  I had to make a decision to get back on the ops  and save my family or stay out and let them get killed. So I decided to save my family. So I went on a mission for one last time, and I returned victorious after a huge bomb detonation. But when I woke up from a coma after the bomb I was told that I had "died in action" Atleast that's what they thought. But what they didn't know was that there were two of us. And at the time I didn't know either. I only found this out when news came up that there had been an imposter someone that took complete control over my identity while I was in a coma. And he went and put himself in my place, he shipped your brother after convicing your mother that he died in a heart procedure. And then there was one. Because of my supposed death, the ops established project GHOST.

Frank is not your biological father and I guess your wife already has that figured out"

He says as he puts his fingers behind his ear.

He says as he looks at Lunga, I cant even read him right now. This is too much.

Lunga is just tense next to me, the guy identical to him is just staring at him and so is the dad.

Right now if somebody told me that pigs can fly I'd believe them because whatever this is right now has just shown me that the world isn't what I think it is.

Who does something like this, this explains why Lungas mother and frank couldn't stay together. And the dismantled relationship between him and frank. Frank mistreated Lunga because he knew he wasn't his but why did he abandon Sizwe.

This man sitting in front of us has a complete different aura to Frank's nd you can tell just by the way that he looks at his son that they have a relationship, a good one at that. 

Where was this man all of Lungas life.

"So where were all this time ?"

I ask him.

"Tennessee"
He says.

"As in the US"

"Bun bun Tennessee is a code we use in the ops, for classified information"
He says and he looks back at him.

So basically this man has no identity, and who is this frank character, where did he come from and why did this man not know that there had been someone that looked exactly like him.
There's way too many things that I'm trying to gather but some things are not accounted for.

Lunga is just calm, calm and quiet and it's worrying me.

Lunga pinches the bridge of his nose nd he sighs.

"If your ready to talk you know how to find me"

He says nd he stands up and they leave. Lunga also stands up and he goes to our room nd I  shut the door behind me.

He's sitting on the bed with his head between his hands. Rocking back and forth I don't even know what to begin to say to him.

I slowly approach him and I stand between his legs nd I wrap my arms around him. He wraps his arms around me and he starts to cry.

Like a heart wrenching cry.

He continues to squeeze his arms around me an I do the same with him.

When can we ever catch a break. ?

We lay down on the bed he continues to cry on my chest for  thirty more minutes straight.

After a very long while he calms down. And he goes quiet.

"Luhh...."

"Luhh..."
I call out to him again as I caress his cheek and his back. He's quiet.

"Luh please just talk to me..."

"I just need sometime bun bun"
He says lowly after a long while.

"Okay"
I say as I kiss his forhead and i keep caressing him after a very long while I hear his breathing pattern changing.

He's asleep.

I gently unwrapp myself from him and I walk back to the kitchen.

Lorna is watching TV with Mel and sizwe is nowhere to be found.
I sit next to Lorna and she lays her head on my shoulder.

"I'm so happy for you Lorna"
I quietly say and she just keeps quiet.

"When did you find out ?"

"Yesterday"

"How far along ?"

'Two months, I figured that time we were at coles"

I nod at her.

"Lorna I'm here, and just because your pregnant it doesn't mean that you should stay with him"

"A child deserves a home with two parents..."

"Lorna look at Lunga and Mel... they did just fine. But you have the support of us your not doing this alone."

I tell her and she starts to nod.

"I love you"
She says

"I love you too loh"