chapter 2 | rolling stone

Ere ke bethe tsêpedi fela..."  Lorna and I both sing out the chorus of a Marcus Harvey song.

We are laid up on a quilt in the front yard of her house, on the grass, just star gazing.
Nothing like a good old blunt, a good playlist and a crazy girlfriend.

Her husband went on a business trip for a week in italy. I dont even know what he does all I know is that he is In finance. She didn't want to stay alone so she asked me to spend the week with her at her house. Its a pretty spacious house. It has four bedrooms and a huge living space, gorgeous kitchen and a nice outdoor living area and a very open backyard.

Their place is a bit in the outskirts of the city. Sizwe, like Lorna always calls him, is a greenie, he is a sucker for nature but who doesn't love nature anyways.

He wanted to be surrounded by trees, "to breath clean air" he says , but my friend Lorna who likes to be closer to convenience which is also means living closer to civilization, suggested that she wants to live inside the city. But for the sake of her partners happiness she decided to compromise for him. And turns out she fell inlove with the place too.

The capetown skyline from out here is amazing and during the day you get the scenic views of the oldest vineyards in capetown.
Everytime I come here, she pumps me with wine and I'm not complaining because we always end up having the time of our lives just like how we used to kick in varsity.

"So where is Mr Sibeko?" I ask she passes the blunt.
"The last time I called him he said he was preparing to get into a meeting"
"Uh well your were on that call for quiet sometime, I won't be surprised if you guys had phone sex" I tease her

"We didn't this time"

"Says the same person that once picked up the phone while having her guts rearranged, you know when it comes to you and your husband you guys have put me through a lot"

seriously these two have caused me some trauma. They are like rabbits, forever humping each other.

"I didn't say don't date" now it's her turn to tease me.

"Shut up"

"And for your information he is coming back tomorrow so you need to pack up and leave"

"You know I'm not going anywhere i said I'm leaving Saturday afternoon and I'm leaving Saturday afternoon"

"Yeah yeah yeah whatever, how's everything been going with that event your organizing at the gallery ?"

"Everything is coming together well actually, I think your really going to like it"

"That's really good, I'm actually excited, and I hope you don't starve us pelo, because I swear..."

"Relax Lorna"

"I'm just saying that I don't want to find myself driving past a twenty four hour drive through after your event, I want to be fed to my hearts content"

"Mxm"

She laughs at me and she chokes on some smoke, and I laugh at her.
_____________________________

We are in bed in the guest bedroom,  catching up on mnakwethu . I won't lie I have my reservations about this show. I don't think I can even fathom the thought of my husband going outside of our marriage and pursuing a relationship with another woman then later propose to be in a polygamous marriage, what I don't understand is these man start of their marriages monogamously and then suddenly they are polygamous , in some cases the men do not ask for permission instead they tell you that your getting into a polygamous marriage. Or In some instances the husband's claim that the ancestors want him to take another bride, ghost marriage. And I personally don't believe in ancestors.