Chapter 16 | Murphy's law

I'm still trying to process what the hell just happened at lornas house.
We drive into the garage and I wake up mel. She hasn't had dinner so she can't sleep on an empty stomach. So I ordered on the way here, the food should be here any minute.
She picks her bag up and lungas helps her get out of the car.
I pack up my stuff and we go into the house.

"Mel you can go to your room I'll call you when the food gets here. And you only have one more hour of screen time and I'm getting you ready to bed okay"

"Okay"

She says excitedly as she runs of into her room. I proceed to our room with lunga right on my tail.
He still hasn't said a word to me since we came back from the hospital. Honestly I'm not about to poke about. I have my health to maintain, a baby I need to keep out of harms way. And a daughter I need to look after. Lunga is an adult who knows how to properly communicate.

But what baffles me the most is how much that women looked like an older version of Mel. Mel is basically a reincarnated version of her. Lungas reaction just confirmed it all. And her reaction towards seeing Mel.

I put my bag on the couch and I proceed to the closet and I change into some lounge wear.
I throw my clothes into the washing machine and I go back to the bathroom to wash my face. Lungas also washing his face, shirtless, he only has black sweatpants on and some slides.

I do my routine and once he's finished with his he leans against the sink nd he watches me finish up mine.

"Is there something you want to say ?"
I ask him while still looking in the mirror applying my moisturizer.

"I'm sorry "

"Is that all your going to say ? That your sorry ?
Do you not want this baby ?"

"I do want it, its just it all came as a shock."

"As a shock" Lunga we're married, and married people tent to have sex which is something you and I tend to do often, what's shocking about your wife falling pregnant"

He looks the other direction, brushes his beard and starts walking out of the bathroom and into the closet, I follow behind him.

"Lunga your an adult, i think your old enough to understand how communication works. I mean you do that everyday given the type of profession your in, so I figure that's not a very difficult thing for you to do. But one thing I won't do is force you to communicate if you don't want to, if you don't want this baby it's okay. But this is no way of treating someone you love"

He sighs as he leans his hands against the island counter and he dips his head between his shoulders as he leans the rest of his body backwards.
I don't need this Honestly.

"Is it something that I did ?"

"No pelo it's not you"

"Then what is it because this is beginning to exhaust me..."

Mel screams very loudly in the distance, lunga doesn't hesitate before he runs out of the bedroom and Into Mel's room and I run right behind him.

She's standing infront of mister bubbles fishtank.

He's dead.

Mel is hystericaly crying while she continues to poke the tank it. The fish is floating ontop of the fish tank in the middles of the bubbling water.

Mel quickly comes to me and she jumps into my arms crying. She lays her head on my shoulder as she continues to cry even further. I brush her hair as I keep trying to calm her down.

Lunga is frustrated.
Today has already been terrible enough. Why didn't Mr bubbles pick another day to die.

I don't think we were ever prepared for this moment.