Chapter 10 | Baked goods

Peloyame

The sun violently blast my eyes as I open them and I am met by the cold surface of my sheets when I sprawl my arm out, I turn to the other side of my bed. He's not here.

I lift my head when I hear what sounds like someone's voice in the distance.
Its probably the neighbors.
I decide to take a shower and wear something comfortable. My sweats ,and I make my way to the kitchen.

He has a fresh pot of coffee on the stove and my coffe beans on the counter as he sips his coffee from  the mug. The aroma is so strong but it smells so nice, like I'm in a coffee shop.

One thing about the smell of coffee is that It knows how to capture the essence and a project a breakfast environment, even where there's no breakfast in sight.

He's standing behind the counter, shirtless.
I could get used to this view.

"Morning"

He says as he snaps me out of my drool.

"Morning " I finally say back. With the same enthusiasm.
He starts walking towards me, slowly.

And then his arms finally get ahold of me and he wraps them around me waist, I hold his arm as I look up at him. His skin is soft.

He kisses my forehead three times and I close my eyes savoring each kiss.

"How did you sleep?"

"I slept really great, the best sleep that I've had in a while actually"

"I'm glad, because I really enjoyed our night
I feel like last night was proof enough for me that my hearts already decided for me, that I'm never going to be able to be apart from you."

"Lunga..."
I say as I still maintain my stare at him.
Last night stured so many emotions in the both of us, some that I had thought were dormant and some that I had thought I would never feel them again ever in my life, but with lunga, it's like Ramadan, Diwali and new year and all these other festive holidays at the pit of my stomach, I feel the sparks start to come to life as he says this.

"I know I never thought I'd say this but here I am"

He whispers close to my lips, as he slightly brushes against them against mine, he doesn't hold them between his instead he licks my bottom lip and teases me with his lips, while his one hand let's go of my waist and holds my neck.

Finally he kisses me  hungrily with tongue and all, I return the kiss, his lips taste like coffee, I can feel the dopamine and the slight caffeine from his mouth start to influence my hormones as they react to what he is doing to me.

He stops, and he pecks my lips twice. Before he whispers.
"We've got to get you fed first, I've ordered breakfast".

Just as he says that the door bell rings. And be pecks my temple before he tends to it.

Whatever that was leaves me wanting more.

I proceed to the island, and I sit. I watch him unpack our break fast and pours us our cups of coffee.

"So is this how it's going to be, you serving me breakfast, shirtless, while the kids are away ?"
I say,  and he chuckles  a bit.

"Pretty much"
He says as he passes me my  breakfast. It's greasy, crispy and sure as hell juicy, just what I needed this morning.

"This is just how need it"
I say as I bite my lip and release a moan.

He slightly smiles at me as he makes his way around the island  and he sits next to me and he starts eating his.