Chapter 30 | The intruder

Lunga

Its already four o clock, we have approximately an hour till lift off. Cole is on his laptop looking at something.

I'm leaning against the head rest looking up. Listening to the constant sound of coles keyboard clicking.

"Someone's in the premises"

Cole says as his eyes find the car passing past the cameras in the monitors on the far left of the room.

We watch as the car makes its way straight to where the entrance is located and it stops.

My phone pings. It's a text.

"Open up"
It reads.

"Cole what's he doing here ?"

I ask him as I show him the text. He knows who im talking about.

He simply just shrugs his shoulders and he remotely opens the garage and he drives in.

After a few minutes he barges into the office without even knocking.

"It's good seeing you too Nayvadius"
Cole says as he leans back on his chair.

He's standing near where the both of us are seated. He looks calm and actually looks way better than he did five years ago.

He has his hands in his pocket as he stands tall infront of us.

He still hasn't changed his clothing style.
Formal pants, a turtle neck and some formal pants.

"To what do we owe the Pleasure Nay"
I say.

He sighs, before he pulls his pants up and he sits infront of us on the couch across us.

"I have a few things that I'd like to discuss, and I'd like to discuss them privately, If you don't mind cole"

He says slowly, as he looks at Cole while he rubs his hands together.

This guy speaks so slow its impossible not to grow impatient with him.

"With all due respect"
He says he looks at cole once again.

"And I promise it won't take long"

Cole looks at me for a while and I nod at him for him to leave . He packs his laptop and he leaves the office.

"I think you know what I'm here for"
He says as soon as Cole gets out.

"Take Neveah but your not getting Melanie"

"That's not gonna happen"

"And you taking Melanie isn't going to happen either, I think its been made pretty clear over the years. Actually what do you want with Neveah and Mel, what about Pearl ?"

"I'm handling Pearl"

"Your not getting mel"

"I think you seem to forget who's blood runs in her veins"

"I don't care about the blood. At the end of the day, Melanie is mine and no strand of DNA will convince me otherwise"

"I'm not leaving without my family, I don't know whatever mess you've managed to get yourself into but I'm protecting my family from whatever this is that you've dragged them into "

"I'm capable of protecting my own family, I think you know this pretty well"

He leans further into his knees with his elbows and he looks down.

"You don't get to come here and claim her as yours. She was never yours to begin with and it would be a cold day in hell before I let you take her."

The door knob turns a few times before the door opens. And both our heads turn towards it.

She walks into the room carrying that tortoise she loves so much.

He stares at her as she makes her way across the room to me.

She leans it towards me before I get ahold of it in between my hands.

"Daddy can you hold her for me, I want to go and finish up lunch"
She says before she quickly waves at him and she runs off again.

He looks at me and he doesn't say anything. His nose start to flare before he puts his hand across his forehead.

"Look we are leaving in an hour and I'm leaving with Mel you can either take Neveah with you or you don't its up to you but I think she'd really appreciate it if you leave with her considering your budding romance"

His eyes are red.

He nods before looks the other way.

Something tells me that this isn't the last time I'm going to be  having this conversation with him.

"I'm sorry but I'm not letting you have Mel"

"I'm not letting my child live the life of a child who's a product of infidelity. You and I both know that she's better of with me here. She has a mother who loves her and a stable environment not what your trying to  drag her into, take neveah and leave Nay"

I say as I nod my head towards the door.

"I don't know how your going to live with yourself knowing that you kept her away from her parents"

I chuckle.

He's got to be kidding me.

"Okay which parents, because from where I'm standing you both abandoned her, "parents" don't do what you and neveah did to her. Im trying my best to shield her from people like you and neveah. I'm trying my best to be the best father that I can ever be to the little girl out there. You and neveah were never worthy of her, so dont sit there and certify yourself as Melanie's father when you know damn well sure that your anything but a father to her."

"I'm going to say this one last time, take neveah and leave"

I say it a lot slower this time.

He stares at me for some time before he looks down and he gets up.
As soon as he opens the door Neveah is standing behind it with tears at the brim of her eyes.

She stares at him before she looks at me.

"Go fetch your stuff"
He soflty says to her before he kisses her forehead.

"Mel ?"
She asks him before she looks at me again.

"Nev, go and fetch your stuff"

She's still keeping her eyes on me.

She's pleading.

"Go you'll find me out"

"I'm not leaving without her Nay"

"We have to"

She stares at him for some time . And they have an unspoken conversation she nods at him before she leaves and so does he before he spares me one last look and he finally leaves.

Cole gets back into the office and I can't even look at him.

My minds spinning.

I exhale as run my hands across my face as i rest my back on the couch.

I feel something cold poking my lower arm.

Its a handgun in coles hand and he's handing it to me.

I look up at him.

"Go crazy"
He says before he places the gun on the seat next to me and he leaves.