Chapter 3: An Unconscious Fairy

-No One's P.O.V-

A week has passed since you got Isekai'ed, you've been getting along with Ricca, Miria, and the villagers in the West Mountains just fine and formed a bit of bond to build up the relationship.

Throughout one week, you got yourself a new job which is working at the general store where Ricca works at. Plus, you also continued your kendo, martial arts, and archery training so you could be able to fend off any kind of monsters that the era you were currently living on.

So right now, you were relaxing on Ricca's bed until you overhear the conversation with Miria and Ricca.

Miria: I'm sorry to trouble you. The customers really like the herbs served with our dishes...

Ricca: Okay, so you want me to get the same kinds as last time?

Miria: That would be great...Um, Ricca, the mountains have...

Ricca: I know, I know. I'll be careful not to trip, and I'll come back right away if see any monsters.

Miria: Okay...as long as you understand. But I'm worried. A girl like you shouldn't be running around like a tomboy in patched clothes...

Ricca: (T-Tomboy...? Did she find out about how I beat up those slimes the other day!?)

Miria: Honestly, I think I should let (Y/N) go with you.

Ricca: M-Miria, no need for that! I can handle myself just fine!

Ricca exclaims as Miria lets out a deep sigh.

Miria: If you say so.

Ricca: Anyway, are you working at the dining hall again in the afternoon today?

Miria: Oh, actually, I'm not. I have a day off, so I'm thinking of cleaning the church until evening.

Ricca: Okay. What do you have for dinner?

Miria: I'll have some bean soup and bread ready with a side of tomato salad.

Ricca: Hmm...Soup, bread, and tomato salad...Huh!? What?! Tomato salad!?

Miria: The merchant's wife game a bunch yesterday, we need to eat them before they spoil.

Ricca: Couldn't you put them in the soup? You know I don't like raw tomatoes...

Miria: I do, but you shouldn't be a picky eater. I've already prepared the beans, so give me the raw tomatoes a try, okay? You might find out you actually like them. I mean, (Y/N) really liked them too when he asked me to make them.

That's when Ricca started fake crying in front of her older sister.

Ricca: No way...*sniff*...I think tomato soup would be better...Tomatoes have slimy stuff around their seeds...Urk...*sniff*.

Miria: *Sigh* Fake crying isn't going to work on me. It's about time you stopped being a picky eater.

(Y/N): She's not wrong though.

You said, barging into the conversation.

Ricca: (Y-Y/N)! Were you listening to our conversation?

(Y/N): Heh, yeah. Anyway, Miria's right though, kids like us can be picky eaters at times, but when you become a teenager, you oughta learn how to accept and eat types of cuisine nowadays.

You said, giving her advice as Miria had an agreed expression on her face.

Miria: Thank you.

Ricca: (Y/N)...not you too...

(Y/N): Come on, buddy. It's not so bad eating tomato salad, you gotta try to eat it once, and you'll like it. It's like killing two birds with one stone!