Chapter 12: Bandits

-No One's P.O.V-

After the horrible experience back in the ruined town, You, Ricca, and Iris arrived in a desert and the three of you were looking down under the cliff to see a lot of things.

(Y/N): Hey Iris, is there a Drain Crystal around here? You can sense it, right?

Iris: There is. I can sense its wavelength from under this cliff. Let's go.

Ricca: (She was scary even after we left the ruined town, but it looks like Iris is in a better mood today. (Y/N) and I did it mostly though, but she scares me. Maybe destroyed lots of Drain Crystals as she told me to fix her mood...Heehee...Iris isn't just a smart fairy, she's a God's messenger. I should probably just do what she says. I'm only a simple village girl, after all...)

Ricca: Whew...(Our time of the month still hasn't come...but this nice sunny weather brightened up my mood a little, too...)

(Y/N): You seemed relieved, did the atmosphere brighten you up?

You said with an amused smile as Ricca smiles back at you.

Ricca: Ehehe, you guessed that right.

Iris: Alright, that's enough. We should get going.

(Y/N): What a killjoy...

Iris: Hey, watch your tongue!

(Y/N): Oh? Since when was the last time you had fun, Iris?

Iris: I...ugh...whatever!

Both you and Ricca chuckled before eventually moving on. However, the three of you were unaware that three people were watching you three from afar.

 However, the three of you were unaware that three people were watching you three from afar

-Mini Time Skip-

A couple of minutes later after getting through the obstacles and slaying monsters down the cliff, that's when Iris stops and senses something...

Iris: I can sense human life. Three wavelengths, to be exact...

Ricca: What? There are people here? They might be getting attacked by monsters again...which direction are they in?!

Iris: No...we don't have to go them...they're coming to us...It'll only be trouble if they see me, so I'm going to watch from inside you, Ricca.

Iris then disappears and went inside Ricca.

(Y/N): Iris said that they're coming to us, huh...

Ricca: Yeah. I wonder who it is...

(Y/N): We'll just wait and see...(and I've got a bad feeling)...

...

Three people eventually arrived, but there were only three male bandits.