Chapter 16: Fending off the Monsters!

-No One's P.O.V-

After you, Ricca, and Iris rescued the soldier and the villager woman from the abandoned temple that was infested by Arachnes and monsters.

So right now, the three of you were heading to the Port Town, leaving Claret to ensure the safety of the soldier and the village woman.

In the port town, we see monsters infesting the town as the soldiers were trying hard to defeat them all, but the monsters were too many.

Port Town Soldier A: Damn it, to think that the monsters would attack as a group...! We're done for...!

Port Town Soldier B: Stop griping! We're going to protect the town and its people!

Port Town Captain: ... We're being pushed back...We need to at least buy enough time for the townsfolk to escape...

Port Town Soldier A: Damn it...! If only the knight of God, her traveling companion, or whatever was here...

One of the soldiers says until we see two magical swords being thrown down and killing two monsters.

Port Town Soldier A: What's happening...?! The monsters are dying?!

That's when a barrage of emeralds was fired in every direction, killing all of the monsters around the soldiers and the captain.

Port Town Soldier B: Aren't those...emeralds?

???: That's right!

Soldiers: ?!

??? 2: You evil monsters...! We're here to put a stop to this!

Port Town Captain: An ally...? Who is it...?!

Ricca: With the glimmer of the sun in our hearts...We defeat the monsters who emerge from darkness...The messenger of sunlight, Holy Knight Ricca, has come!

(Y/N): And I'm (Y/N) (L/N), the holy knight's traveling companion!

Port Town Soldier A: The knight...of God?!

Port Town Soldier B: And her...traveling companion?!

Port Town Soldier C: The duo that's been rumored to have been destroying monsters' nests...? So they really do exist...! W-We're saved...!