Chapter 19: Cursed to Stone

-No One's P.O.V-

So right now, You, Iris, and Ricca entered the Arch-Lich's castle as the three of you were climbing up the stairs to reach the top.

Ricca: So Arch-Lich is in this castle...Huh...? Why does this building feel familiar...? Is this...the village church...?

(Y/N): Feels like it...

Iris: The enemy base...We don't know what kind of opponent is waiting for us here. Be on guard, you two.

Ricca: Okay...

(Y/N): *Nods* Mm.

...

After a few minutes of walking and slaying monsters on the way, that's when the three of you see something that is shocking.

Ricca: ...!

Iris: What...!?

(Y/N): ...

Ricca: No way...

In front of you three was a familiar figure and it was none other than Ricca's big sister, Miria.

Ricca: Miri...a...?

Iris: Ngh...No...I don't sense any life from her...That's just a doll, an imitation made through necromancy!

Ricca: Iris...!

You then placed your left hand on Ricca's right shoulder and said...

(Y/N): Ricca, that's not her anymore. You gotta let it go.

Ricca stays silent before speaking up.

Ricca: I know...I know...Miria...was killed by Arch-Lich...

Ricca says until "Miria" has a dark aura surrounding her. That's when Iris notices two pentagrams beneath you and Ricca's feet.

Iris: This light...It's a teleportation circle...! Below your feet! Get away from it!

With no time to react, both you and Ricca were suddenly teleported in a different location, leaving Iris all by herself.

Iris: They're gone...Where did they go...? If only I'd warned them sooner...I promised Ricca...that I wouldn't leave her side again...

-With you and Ricca-

In a different location, you and Ricca woke up because of something very hot around the area.

Ricca: Uuugh...It's hot...

(Y/N): Damn...

Both you and Ricca got up as Ricca touches her face until she felt something that is stingy.

Ricca: Eeep...Ouch! It's hot! My cheek is going to burn..!

Ricca says in pain as she quickly wipes it off as the two of you looked around the area.