Chapter 14: Pulling Together

-No One's P.O.V-

After Miria tragically sacrificed herself to save You, Iris, and Ricca in the mines.

So right now, Ricca quits being a holy knight, and we see her slowly walking with her head down in despair.

Ricca: (I can't do it...I just can't...I even...ran away from my duty...What...should I do now...?)

Ricca thought to herself as she looks up at the dark clouds above her with rain pouring down on her.

Ricca: (I should go back to the cave...and take shelter...No...Iris and (Y/N) are still at the cave...I can't go back...) The village...The mountains in the west...I should go back...to where Donny and the others are...

That's when Ricca starts to feel a sudden pain under her lower abdomen.

Ricca: (The curse disappeared, but my body's still hot...My tummy hurts too...Do I have a cold...? If I keep walking in this cold rain...it's only going to get worse...Whatever...I don't care...)

Ricca thought to herself in sadness as she continues walking down the road with rain pouring down.

-Mini Time Skip-

Throughout Ricca's walk, she encounters monsters along the way. Ricca somehow managed to defeat some of the monsters on the way using a big stick in her hands.

Once she got through to them, she then hears a deep voice behind her.

???: It's a human female! Oink!

Ricca turns around to see a tall green-skinned monster.

Ricca: Huh...? Green skin...A goblin...?!

???: Oink! I overslept and couldn't make it to the raid. I didn't find anything valuable left...But look at this young, delicious female! She must have left behind...She looks slow and easy to catch, too! I'm so lucky! Oink!

Ricca: It's not a goblin...That face looks like a pig...An orc...?!

Orc: Oink, oink! You better not run...! I'm going to make you mine...and use you all day, every day!

Ricca: N-No...I need to...I need to get away...I can't beat that giant monster...I'm...I'm too weak...

Suddenly, Ricca felt her lower abdomen in pain again.

Ricca: Ack...Haa...Haa...The curse on my tummy...It's throbbing...?! But I thought it was gone...?! Huff...Huff...I need to run away...

Orc: Why are you squatting down? Is your womanhood getting wet by me?! Hahaha! It's my lucky day!

Ricca: (I thought it disappeared when Miria died...So why...?)

Ricca thought to herself as she tries to get away from the Orc, but she wasn't fast enough as the Orc manages to catch up to her and whacked her down with his club.