Chapter 7: Heading to the Valley and Camping Out

-No One's P.O.V

After destroying the drain crystal a couple of minutes ago and it was now night time. So right now, you, Ricca, and Iris were heading to the settlement to where the location of the other villages are.

Upon crossing the destroyed bridge, in front of you three was a wall and it's about six feet tall to climb above.

Ricca: The bridge is broken...That's too bad. Crossing this valley was the closest path to the foot of the mountain. It's a little too high to get over...It'll take us a bit more time, but let's find a path where the terrain is lower.

(Y/N): Rather than finding another path, how about we can just boost each other up?

Ricca: Oh yeah. One of us will have to climb someone's shoulder and get up there and then pull your partner back up once you reach the top!

Iris: Hold on, you two. As much as I like to agree with that idea, but Ricca has the power to climb this cliff now.

(Y/N): Huh?

Ricca: What do you mean?

You and Ricca asked in confusion.

Iris: You two got a lot of Magic Stones from defeating the golem and destroying the Drain Crystal, right? Both of you can use them here.

(Y/N): Okay, and how do we suppose to do that?

Iris: Just listen to what I have to say. It'll help us get to her faster.

Ricca: Alright...I'll listen.

Iris: Hold up. (Y/N) doesn't have the power of the holy knight, so Ricca here will have to follow my instructions.

(Y/N): Eh...very well then.

Iris: First, you put your hand on the ornament on your chest...The red stone shaped like the sun on your brooch.

Ricca: Like this?

Ricca then places her hand on the brooch.

Iris: Exactly. Now don't move. Hah!

Suddenly, Iris starts to glow as you covered your eyes from the bright light. This goes on for a few moments until the bright light faded out.

Iris: Alright, that should do.

(Y/N): Huh? What just happened?

Ricca: Ah, I was just upgrading my skills, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Your skills?

Ricca: Yeah.

Iris: Let me explain, once you gain enough magic stones, Ricca will gain new skills and upgrades. Ricca has now learned magic sword throwing.

(Y/N): Wait, for real?

Ricca: Yeah. I just got an upgrade, (Y/N).

You looked at her and then at the brooch as you began to thought to yourself.

(Y/N): (Did she just went off buy skills on that brooch? Feels like I'm in some sort of an RPG game right now. But this world isn't some kind of a video style-ish like I have seen in anime...)

Ricca: Umm...can you not stare at me, please?

(Y/N): Oh uh, sorry about that. I was just thinking about what you said.

Iris: *Sigh* Let's just get a move on.

Ricca: So...can I throw my sword here like earlier to get over this cliff?

Iris: Yes, when you throw your magic sword, it can lodge into a vertical cliff and act as a foothold.

(Y/N): I see...