Change to Happen

Warning this Chapter contains some sensitive topics, including racism, violence towards children, and bullying - Viewer Discretion is advised 

(Jem's POV)

I sat inside Bumblebee's alt mode as we drove to Raf's house. We arrived and I unbuckled myself, going up to the front door, but before I could ring the doorbell, Raf opened the door. "Morning Jem" he greeted in a tired tone, making me kneel down to his height. "Did you not sleep well?" I asked, making him nod as he rubbed his eye. "Rafael! Who is it!" his mother yelled, "My friend, mama." he called back before bringing me inside.

I was greeted by his mother and sisters as Raf left the room to get his backpack. "Hey! You're the woman from the news in DC." one of his sisters said, making me nod, "I am". His mother looked at me suspiciously, "What do you want from my son?" she asked, making me sigh. "Are you aware your son is being bullied?" I asked, making a shocked look come across her face. "N-no ... no I didn't." she whispered, making me nod, "I told him I would help him. He has reported this bully before and nothing has come of the situation." I explained, making his mother nod before Raf came back out. "Ready!" he said, making me chuckle and open the door, allowing Raf to go outside, but I looked back at his mother, "I'll solve this issue, Ms. Esquivel. Don't worry" I told her, making her nod before I left.

We arrived at the school, and went inside, there were already some students there and they all seemed to recognise me, making me sigh. We entered the office and waited for the principal to call us in.

He called us in and we sat down. "To what do we owe the honor, Ms. Prime?" he asked in a disgusted tone, shocking me, this man was a principal? I started recording on my phone. "My friend Raf here is being bullied and has come to you many times over the past few months. Yet still Vince has not been punished once. Please explain that?" I demanded but was shocked when the principal smirked. "He's a small latino nerd, what did you expect?" he laughed, and I was flabbergasted while Raf started to whimper. "Quit your whimpering, boy Or I'l-" "You'll what? You can not harm a child in any way." I told him. "Oh go back to back to England you prodastant whore." he insulted.

I'd had enough, I grabbed Raf's hand and we left the school. "We are going to the school board." I told him after we left the building and I had stopped recording. Raf called his mother who in turn called attendance to excuse him from classes. We got back to Bumblebee and I gave him the address before I comforted Raf. {(What's wrong?)} Bee asked as he drove, "That principal is a horrible man" I hissed before going back to stroking Raf's hair, holding him close.

We arrived at the building and I walked inside, up to the front desk, holding back my anger. "Who is in charge of the school board? We need to speak with them, it is urgent." I told the woman, she didn't look up at me but nodded. "What seems to be the problem and I can direct you?" she asked. "The principal at Memorial High School is a racist man that won't help a child just because he is of latin descent." I explained and that got the woman's attention. "Anything else?" she asked, "Word per word he told me "Oh go back to England you prodastant whore." I finished, and she instantly picked up a phone and dialed a number. "Sir, there are people here about Principal Smith at Memorial High School, and what they've told me, it is urgent sir." she said then waited a few seconds then hung up. "Mr. Pietro will be out in just a minute." she said, making me nod and rub Raf's back.

A middle aged gentleman came down the hall and brought us to his office. "Alright, please explain what's going on with Principal Smith?" he asked as he folded his hands, making me nod and pull out my phone. "Something felt off, so I decided to record the conversation." I explained then played the recording. Mr. Pietro was shocked once it finished and had us give written statmentments before having me also send him the recording.