Chapter 14: Is That Me or Is that James' Jealous?! - Silver POV

Oh, wow! James Boswell? I met Boswell before he was born into this world, and I'm sure he died. It was my old friend, Owen! I met him in the 1960s when I travelled to India during my escape, and he was a free spirit, a simple man. I could see him through James, but he was so grumpy. Anyway, we could befriend Rose have never seen James ask me for a drink, so I'm glad he could see the trust between us. How did I know that? I was there when Rose bought a silly boyfriend and observed them.

He led me to his study room, and I entered the room as if I was in awe. I look around the room, and it is half golden and half white wallpaper. I walk toward the sofa after hearing the door close as I look at a lot of the furniture.

"A brandy or whiskey? Cola or water?" He offers me a refreshment while he walks to a drinks table, and I sit on the sofa.

"I could have some water, thank you!" I looked up while I said something like this friendly statement, and I was shocked to see the mist around James' body.

And something wasn't right with this situation, but it didn't look like a demon had taken control of James' body. Instead, its jealousy took over James, so it was poison in my drink as I could see a green mist around James. So he tried to poison every guy Rose had brought, and he could fool everyone but me; I'm not a fool..! I'm not that stupid!

James turns around to see me with his big smiley face when he picks two cups, and I give him an uncomfortable but friendly face. I looked down at the floor when James walked around from the drink table to the sofa, and everything went silent when he gave me what I 'requested' a drink.

What's going on?! We were okay when Rose was around, but what happened to me when I drink it? I still can see the green mist around my drink, and purple smoke surrounds James' body.

"Silver White..! Please, help my grandson, my dear friend..!" I heard the distant voice.

Oh, please wait a minute, I know this voice! That's him, Owen!

"Here it goes, water!" I cut him out, and he put my drink on the coffee table, "I promise we are friends, and we are here for her grandmothers."

I pause for a minute, thinking about what have I done to him, and so far, I blab for no explanation. Well, frankly, I have a reason! That's because I was panicked, that's all!

"Oh?!" He smirks and takes a sip of his brandy drink as he finishes the glass, "If so, why do you hold my stepsister's hand?"

He extraordinarily sounds jealous..! Since when did he have a feeling for Rose? Wait, don't tell me!

"Did you have a feeling for Rose when she comes into this ballroom?" I ask while he looks shocked and hardly slams his glass on the table.

"Excuse me?! That's a private matter, and more importantly, no thank you if you give me advice!" He says with an angry tone.

I see that's why he hasn't seen it-

"Wait," He pauses when he looks so confused, and James continues when he interrupts my thought, "How did you know about this?"

I was speechless, and he seemed so suspicious of me. There's no way for him to be a fool, isn't there? Well, Rose knows that I'm an angel, the fallen angel. But for a human like him, there's no way he could believe what I could tell him. I met his grandfather long ago so..! It's time to tell him the truth!