Chapter 27: Mary's Lies

Where am I? We switched my body, and I looked around to see the warm feeling of the coffee smell, Starbucks. So, I discovered that Mary was a liar, and I unexpectedly found a new emotion on his face: anger.

I look down at the table with two hot chocolates with cream on the top, and Silver sits opposite me with an angry face while I look up to see him.

"Mary, come out..." I close my eyes and feel her soul switch as she shockedly opens my eyes.

"Right, I'm here, so what do you want?" Mary half questioned and broke the silence as she moved my head down while everything quieted, "Oh, that! I want to use her body and want to go to-"

"Demon's world?" He quickly crosses his arms and continues, "Ha, what's the point of going there? If you want to go there, then I could be dead. There is no way I can let you or Rose go there alone with Damian Black."

We switch each other, and I say, "We will be fine, right, grandmother? We can do it!"

"Rose, you don't understand what it is like. Once you go there, they will break my wings if I go there again!" Silver seems shocked when he realises he said it out loud and put his palm on his mouth.

I gasped and questioned, "Again? Like you've been there before, right?"

We switch our souls again, and Mary says, while I can feel her move my body toward the table, "Rose, don't tell me that Silver didn't tell you about our visit, did he?"

He didn't tell me about this, and I still want to know. So, come on, Grandmother Mary, tell me.

"Should I tell her about our visit? She needs to know what happened?" Silver interrupts Mary's sentence and shouts in my face, "No! She doesn't need to know about this incident!"

I was shocked to hear how he shouted, and we switched our souls to show him my shocked face.

"I'm sorry!" He hesitates, and we stare at each other as he continues while he sighs sadly, "Mary, it has to be me who tells her the truth, and you know what, I don't care about losing Rose again, but I only care about saving her again while I just-"

We switch souls and reach out toward his hand, saying, "You're not losing me, Silver. That's not what I want to expect from your mouth, but she only means to tell me what exactly happened."

He seems dark within himself while he backs off my touching and sees my anguish face.

"Are you sure about this? Rose, you need to be prepared to be" I interrupted his sentence, "What? Not upset or sad?" He continued his sentence by ignoring my statement, "Patient. That word is what I was looking for, but that'll do it!"

I nod without thinking about what would happen, but I still want to know this connection between them and Damian.

"We wouldn't talk about this in this situation, and I'll let her talk to you in your head. Be careful..." I was confused when he finished his sentence. He stood up to get our cups of hot chocolate and walked toward the clerk woman as my eyes were on him.

"I'll start with the contact that Damian set up for me. So, imagine when I was you in 1939..." Mary explained to me while I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, I was Mary.