Chapter 26: Why?! - Silver's POV

Previously on Wait, I Slept That Long?

I flew toward Rose when she was ready and outside the room.

"I'll always protect her as her mother requests me, sir!" I honestly say when I saw these white mists around Alex's body.

He nods with my permission, and he continues to order,

"Now, go..."

***

"I want you to know everything that I tried to pursue him and said something to him is real." She cuts me off with her blushing face, "I know, thank you!"

We are three inches from too close kissing, and she turns away the moment to see the bright sunset come up when I stare at her small smile face.

***

"You see, now you understand why your dad said there when grabbing you back. I'm a dangerous angel, and we can't be a couple if you've already died and then you quickly remain to breathe again. You will be an angel if I let you die, and you'll have passed a minute later." I cut him off and cup my hands on his cheeks, "Don't! Don't think about it this way. Yes, I understand why you say it, and yes, we can't be a couple, but you have tried to keep me safe from Damian. Thank you, Silver!"

After that, she released her hand from my cheek, and I was shocked to hear these words. We stared at each other as I quickly grabbed her left hand.

"You were supposed to love Damian-" She cut me off when I was about to continue and quickly leaned close to my face with her crying look. "I love you, Silver White!"

***

"I refused to God, of course, and I wouldn't do it!" I gently whisper, and then turn into a scream to God in the sky as I turn away from her face to look up at the sky while I put up my finger in the air, "DO YOU HEAR ME?! I REFUSED TO DO IT! I LOVED HER! SO WHAT?!"

I don't care if no one takes me away from a human I once loved forever, and it happened once. It happened when I got here on earth when I met my first friend, a fallen angel just like me, and I ruined their happiness.

***

We were about to grab our hands, but the wind blew me to get away from her. I saw her fearful face in slow motion, and I was at the place where I first met my friend as I gasped for a breath.

I was worried about leaving her alone for a long time, and we were about to get her lists done, but something went wrong when I remembered that I had said these stupid words to God. I was foolish, but it feels good to tell Him the truth.

I whirled around when I heard the chuckle and was shocked to see him, Elnguyen, as his blue eyes met mine. Everything went blank, and it went more quickly than I was expecting.

I don't know why God took me away from her to be here, and we were this close to being done with the lists, so we weren't kissing. Why now? Why am I seeing my first friend when he wasn't expecting me to be here? The last time I saw him was in this house on the earth, but I worried he was angry.

"Sabrathan." He calls my name like it's never happened and hugs me, "What are you doing here?"

I was confused to see him and about to say something, but Elnguyen interrupted me when he pulled away from this hug moment, "We have a lot to catch up!"