"Kiss Me" *Michael*

I can't love her,  I think to myself, it's just not possible she's my best friend. Besides, you don't even know what love is.

"Hey Michael," I am dragged out of my thoughts when I hear her voice call out to me, shit I zoned out.

"Y-yeah," I stammer, hoping she won't question me.

"It's your turn, truth or dare?" she beams, that glorious smile of hers illuminating her entire face.

"Uh, truth," I decide absentmindedly.

"Okay, have you ever been in love?"

What is she a mind reader?

Not knowing whether or not I'll lying I reply, "no, never"

"Really? I don't believe that for a second," she sits herself up a little more, gazing into my eyes deeply.

"No," I cough abruptly hoping she'll move on with the subject soon if I give her a little more information. "I mean sure I've liked girls but I've never been in love, I hardly know what love is"

I chuckle but she just gives me a confused look, "you've been in really long relationships before though"

I shrug, "And? I don't think I really loved any of those girls. How do you even know if it is love?"

"Well I think you'd just know, like you feel it in your gut," she lets out a high pitched giggle making my heart jump.

Just then the doorbell rings and I watch her jump to her feet.

"That'll be the pizza"

I've always loved nights like these, but it's not as if they happen rarely, they're almost weekly, where we watch shitty TV and eat copious amounts of pizza and junk food. We always end up the same, with our legs tangled together laying on the pull out sofa bed in my lounge. She's half asleep with her head in the crook of my neck, so close I can feel her heartbeat in time with mine. I look into her eyes, she doesn't look back but I see her staring into the corner of the room, lost in her mind. All of a sudden my stomach erupts into swarm of butterflies, in fact no, moths, battering my insides in a way that fills me with joy and ecstasy. I'm in love. Or at least I'm falling in love, that's what this feels like. She stirs beside me and looks up at me with a tired smile on her face only to be met by my blank emotionless expression.

"What's wrong?" she croaks slightly, still groggy.

My mouth is all of a sudden dry but I manage to say, "I love you"

"Wh-what?" she seems shocked.

"I think I must have been lying before, well I don't know, all I know now is that I love you, and I really think you needed to know it," I add with haste.

She stares at me for the millionth time, the only difference being that now I can't read her thoughts like I usually can.

"Kiss me," she practically whispers letting a delicate finger trace my jaw line before our lips touch.

A fire seems to ignite in me, something I've never felt before, I really do love her. The only emotion in my body right now is love, if that is even emotion, it could be a state of mind. Soon love forms lust that courses through my veins, not exactly like a toxin but more like an antidote, extinguishing any bad thoughts or feelings I've ever felt. Then lust turns to trust, if it were anyone else I would have been worrying endlessly about what was going to happen next but when it comes to her I trust her with every ounce of my being.

By now she's on top of me, not in an all to sexual way but simply in a way that increases the adrenalin within me.

"I love you, I really do," I pull away, only enough to get words out.

Her nose and forehead are against mine a my hands rest at her hips and hers are flat against my chest.

She nods, "I know, Mikey, I love you too"

*

By: 5-seconds-of-solitude.tumblr.com