Stupid Little Crush // Calum Fluff

Stupid, little crush
Imagine you had been friends with the boys for quite some time and had this little stupid crush on Calum ever since. You were warmly welcomed into the 5sosfam and the fans were very nice to you, since Michael had introduced you as their "special friend". The 5sosfam would even want to take pictures with you and talk to you and you appreciated all the sweet stuff they said about you. You enjoyed being part of the boys Hollywood lifestyle, but it also had it's downside like the hate you got from jealous fans and that you had to watch Calum constantly flirting with every girl around. It was so frustrating for you to watch and pretending you didn't care, whenever he asked one of them for their number or simply check out their perfect bodies, yours could never compare to. You were in no position to be jealous and you knew that. You tried to get over your stupid little crush on him, so you spent a lot of your time with Ash. Ash and you got along really well since you were both very similar to each other. You had a very platonic friendship, but the 5sosfam didn't think so. They even invented a ship name for you too and soon the whole internet was full of Y/Ship/N. Ash and you had the best time and laughing your asses off as you very often spent your evenings reading fanfiction of you too. You liked to mess with the fans, teasing them with posts of the two of you in cute positions. You found it quite hilarious, but his girlfriend didn't.
***
Calum would enjoy having you around, not only as his best friend but also because he had this stupid little crush on you. And this stupid little crush had somehow overnight developed into real, prominent and undeniable feelings. Weeks he had tried to fight them and push them down, but all he had to do was think of you and all of the closed up feelings would heat up even stronger than before. It was basic psychology: if you kept something away from you, you craved for, the wish to have it would only come more prominent. And he loved you.
He had actually been about to tell you once as you met up for coffee. He was there early and secretly sneaked on your Instagram profile seeing a picture of you and ash cuddling with the caption: "y/ship/n is real" followed by a lot of hearts. Calum was shocked. He had never really liked Ashton's girlfriend, but he didn't think Ash or you would do this to her.
"Hey Cal. What's up?" You had just arrived at the coffee shop and snapped Calum out of his thoughts.
"Fine."
"I'm great to thanks for asking." You said sarcastically, pinching his arm.
"Don't!" Calum snapped pulling his arm out of your reach.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"I can see that's not true."
"It's nothing, ok?!"
"Fine. Then why am I here? You wanted to talk, now talk. Or did you just want someone to blow off steam, because one of your "ladies" didn't show up."
"You have to talk!"
"Excuse me?"
"I'm not the one going after a taken guy."
"What?"
"He has a girlfriend, y/n. How do you think she'll feel about you and him posting pictures of you two cuddling on Instagram."
"You mean ash? We were just teasing the fam. They all know it was supposed to be a joke."
"Still! He is taken, y/n. You can't have him."
"Ash and I are just friends."
"Yeah right." Calum snorted. "And you don't have any feelings for him."
"No! Of course not! I'm not in love with Ashton."
"Whatever."
"Why are you so mad? This doesn't even concern you!"
"Yes it does! I'm not going to stand bye and watch you and Ashton having an affair behind A/GF/Ns back."
"Were not having an affair!!"
"Why don't you tell her that?"
"Why do you even care? You don't even like her."
"That doesn't mean she deserves to be cheated on."
"For the millionth time, cal. Ash and I are just friends."
Calum and you were still fighting as you arrived at the boys shared house. You stopped bickering as you heard another argument in the living room: Ash and A/GF/N. The fight between them got pretty heated and Calum looked at you nodding. You stepped inside the living room and in between the loudly screaming couple, Cal having your back.
"Hey! calm down!" Calum interrupted them weaving his hands around. You pushed Ashton back a couple of paces to get some space in between them, by pressing your hands against his chest.
"Oh there she is!" Ashton's girlfriend snapped at you, looking around Calum who was standing protectively in between you and her.
"The biggest whore on the planet." She spat at you and Cal and Ash came to your defense immediately.
"Hey! Don't talk to her like that!" They said in unison.
"Oh wow. You got both of them wrapped around your finger! What did you have to do to make them your little bitches? Did you screw Calum too?"
"Shut up, A/GF/N!" Ashton yelled. Calum and you were too shocked to even reply anything.
"She didn't do anything! WE didn't do anything."
"Yeah right. She is trying to steal you from me, Ashton. Why don't you realize that?"
"Because she is not! You're being paranoid. I'm sorry about that picture today and I promise it won't happen again ever. It was just supposed to be a joke."
"No it wasn't! She is in love with you!"
"No I'm not!" You found your speech and yelled at her tears forming in your eyes. You put all your strength into three little words and they all shut up, staring at you wide eyed.
"I'm in love with, Calum! God dammit!!" Your shouted. You couldn't look at Calum or ash or her. All you wanted was to get out. So you ran. You ran out of the room and out of the house, down the street. Your vision was blurry from tears. How could you be so stupid? You would never be able to look Calum in the eyes ever again. You ran as fast as you could, as suddenly a hand grabbed your wrist. You spun around.
"Calum!" You exclaimed.
"Is it true?" His voice was fierce. You couldn't look at him, so you looked at your wrist, desperately trying to break free.
"Y/N look at me!"
"No!" But you felt a finger under your chin pushing your face up. He tried to make eye contact with you put you looked everywhere else.
"God dammit, y/n! Look at me!!" But still you refuses so he cupped your face with his hands and forced you to look at him. You desperately tried to hold back tears.
"Please don't." Your voice was barely audible.
"Is it true what you said back there? Are you in love with me?"
Calum asked again, but this time his voice was soft and calm. You focused on his blond highlights so you wouldn't have to look into his eyes.
"No." You said, not even close to convincing. Calum's thumb rubbed your cheek.
"Ok, now can you please say while looking into my eyes and not my hairline."
You sighed, opening your mouth and looking into Calum's soft brown eyes. You were about to repeat your previous lie, but the word got stuck in your throat.
"You can't say it can you? You can't look me in the eyes and tell me that you don't have feelings for me."
You didn't want to answer to Calum. You didn't need that public embarrassment in the middle of your street. Your hands came up to pull Calum's hands away from your face, but he didn't let go.
"Would you please say something? I feel like a complete idiot."
"You feel like a complete idiot? You? Because you just told the guy you've been in love with for years how you felt? Because you just ..."
"Shut up, you idiot!" Calum cut you off. That was all he needed to hear. He pulled your face close to his and smiled down at you. You stood there speechless your eyes flickering from calums plumb lips to his eyes and back until they eventually shut as your lips connected.
"I love you too." Calum whispered.