10. Meeting

(Nobody pov)
Everyone saw a girl coming out of the box. She stared at Sanami's cut arm dripping to the ground. "What's the matter? Come on. You know you want it." Sanami growled at her. Everyone was silent while watching the scene lied upon them.

Obani pushed Tanjiro further into the ground. "Iguro, you're being too rough." Shinobu said. "Ease up a bit, will you."
"I'm only doing this because he's trying to escape." Iguro responded. 'well yeah. Sanami is threatening his sister!' Y/n thought as she looked at Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro, if you use any breathing techniques while your lungs are squeezed, it will force your veins to burst." "His veins will burst! I like it! Sounds dramatic! Come on! Show me!" Tengen suddenly shouted. Y/n and Misturi whimpered. Then crying was heard "poor soul . . . my heart goes out to this unfortunate child." Gyomei said "Namu Amida Butsu"

Nezuko was struggling against the temptation of Sanami's blood. Tanjiro then tried even harder to get out of Obani's grasp. "Tanjiro?" Shinobu looked at him worrying. Then after a second, Tanjiro's ropes break free. Obani gasp and someone took his hand that was on Tanjiro. He looked up to see Tomioka holding his arm. Tanjiro got up and ran to the porch. "Nezuko!" He called out to his sister.

Nezuko had a vision. Her brother meeting Tomioka. Her mother. Her little brothers and sister. 'Humans, are to be protected and saved. I will never hurt them!'

She then turned her head away in disgust. Sanami gasp at what just happened. Tanjiro sighed but saw Nezuko breathing heavily.

"Tell me what happened." The master asked. "The demon girl turned her head away in disgust. Despite Shinazugawa stabbing her three times, then flaunting his bloody arm against her face she restrained herself from bitting him." Sanami groaned.

"There it is, undeniable proof that Nezuko won't attack humans." The master spoke. Tanjiro gasp. After Obani got his arm free he spoke to Tomioka "what do you think you're doing, Tomioka?"

"Tanjiro" the master said to him. Tanjiro looked up at him "I'm sure that even after this, there are some that can not accept Nezuko. Work toward changing their minds, that you and Nezuko can be helpful to our cause, by fighting as demon slayers." Tanjiro gasp and got down to bow.

"Go out and defeat a twelve kizuki. Do that, and you will be accepted by all. Your words will carry more as a result." Tanjiro was feeling light by his voice.

He got up from his bowing and said "Alright! My sister and I . . . will defeat Kibustuji! Rest a sure, we will stike him down and end this cycle of misery!"

"That is a bit ambitious of you two. Let's start by taking down a twelve kizuki fisrt" the master said smiling. Tanjiro's face went completely red "yes, sir."

Misturi chuckled 'you mustn't laugh Misturi! Keep it together!' As the master spoke, every hashira was trying not to laugh. Y/n was holding her breath trying not to. "Yes, sir" 'aw man! I wasn't paying attention to what the master said. Nice job y/n' y/n thought while calming down.

"Also . . . Sanemi, Obani, don't torment the younger ones too much." "As you wish" whispered Obani. Nezuko was in her box grumpy. "As you wish" Sanami said in a low voice. "We've concluded our business with you Tanjiro. You may step back." Shinobu raised her hand "if that is the case master, allow me to take Tanjiro into my a boat." "Huh?" Tanjiro said. Shinobu clapped " all right then! Take them away please!" When Nezuko looked at the Kakushi, she was startled and stepped back.

"Pardon me for cutting for cutting in front!" The kakushi that held Tanjiro came in and bowed at the master then the hashira. Then grabbed Tanjiro by the collar and placed him on his back and ran away along with the kakushi that had Nezuko.

"Now then, let us begin the hashira meet-" "hold on a second!" Tanjiro ran back to to the master. "Come back here!" The kakushi yelled while chasing Tanjiro. "Please allow me to head-butt that man covered in scares! I need to do it" "quiet! Keep your mouth shut!" The kakushi were hitting him. "One head-butt for everytime he stabbed Nezuko! Show me where it says you aren't allowed to head-butt another demon slayer!" "Settle down now!" The female kakushi said. They grabbed ahold of him but we're s till struggling. "Let go of me!" "Cut it out!" Pebbles flew at Tanjiros head knocking him out.

"You're not allowed to interrupt the master, alright?" Muichiro said. "We beg your pardon!" "Yes! Yes, please forgive us. Master Tokito!" "We're very sorry! Our dearest apologize!" 'Muichiro! What a fine boy! So impressive!' Misturi thought while looking at him. "Just leave now" "Yes sir!" The kakushi said as they headed out with Tanjiro. "Tanjiro. Give Tamayo my regards" the master said.

After Tanjiro left, y/n raised her hand. "Excuse me master, who is 'Tamayo'?" She asked. The master chuckled "Just someone. You don't need to worry your head over it." " . . . okay master." "I am sorry. Is your back ok, y/n?" The master asked. "Hm? Oh, yes it is. It just hurt a little bit" she said. Although the master didn't believe her. "Hold on a sec!" Tengen shouted. He walked over to where Sanami was and grabbed him by the collar. "I would highly appreciate it if you never lay a hand on her again, you hear me?" Tengen threatened. "Tengen, calm down. I'll make sure Sanami won't hurt her or anyone for that matter" the master assured him. Tengen tsked and let go of Sanami, walking back to where y/n was.

' I'm going to make sure of that master' Muichiro said in his head.

(Time skip)

"Just as you've all reported, the carnage of the demons has grown more that ever. Meaning the threat to human life is greater than it has ever been. We must bolster the ranks of the demon slayers. What then are your thoughts?" The master spoke to all the hashira.

"The incident on Mt. Natugumo says it all. The caliber of demon slayers has dropped tremendously. Most of them are useless. The trainers must have gone blind or something. You'd think they could at least tell if someone's competent or not." Sanami said.

"Well that kid today sure packed a lot of power. He landed that dazzling blow on you, he's got potential." Tengen replied to Sanami. Samami scoffed. "The more the human race grows, the harder it is to control and unify them. And in this era, that seems to be even more true." Shinobu said. "Demons have done cruel things, I cannot deny that. But it is Kibusuji that I despise the most" y/n said. "There are those who've joined us after their loved ones were slaughtered. And there are those of distinguished pedigree who have hunted demons for generations, to ask anyone to harness as much or even greater resolve and drive to produce results would be cruel." Gyomei said. "But to consider that this boy, soon after joining, ran into a twelve kizuki, I think he can draw them out!" Rengoku said. "Even we rarely get the chance to confront one. I am envious."

"A fair point. However, the fact that lower 5 made such a drastic move, likely mean Kibutsuji is far from Mt. Natugumo. Like with Asakusa, whenever he wishes to hide something, he creates a clever diversion to throw us off his trail. To be honest it's quite frustrating. But, as long as those demons linger as they do now, freely devouring humans and gaining strength as a result. There is only one thing for us to do, for the sake of those who have died. I feel that you who are present today, the corps hashira, are the finest unit I have assembled since the first breathing swordsman of the feudal era. Tengen Uzui. Kyojuro Rengoku. Shinobu Kocho. Misturi Kanroji. Y/n Uzui. Muichiro Tokito. Gyomei Himajima. Sanami Shinazugawa. Iguro Obani. Giyu Tomioka. My beloved children, I look forward to seeing your success."

(Time skip to morning)
"Good morning y/n" Muichiro said as he walked up to her. "Oh! Morning Tokito!" "You can call me by my first name. I don't mind." He smiled at her. Y/n blushed a little. "O-o-okay." Was all she got out. "I'm sorry about Shinazugawa doing that to you yesterday." He apologized. "You have no reason to be sorry. I'm ok, really!" She tried to convince him. But the truth is, she was horrified. That brought back memories of her childhood.

"Alright. Hey I have a mission right now, wanna come?" Tokito asked y/n. "Oh, are you sure?" "Yes" he nodded his head. "Alright! I'll go get my uniform on!" Y/n headed inside her mansion. "I knew it!" Misturi got out of the bushes. Muichiro jumped out of surprise. "Oh kanroji, you startled me." "Hehe, sorry about that. But eeeeeeee! You have a crush on y/n!" That made Muichiro's face really red. "U-u-u-u-u-um" he didn't know what to say to that. "Well I have a breakfast scheduled with Rengoku, see you later!" She ran off.

"Alright! Let's go!" Y/n walked out wearing her uniform with her star haori and royal blue knee high socks. Muichiro thought she looked more beautiful than yesterday. "Oh! Right, let's go."