33. Early Mission

(Two days ago)

"Here's to the new Bubble Hashira!" Ayomura cheered.

"Thank you, Siti. I appreciate the little party." Marui smiled.
"My only question is: WHY THEE HELL ARE YOU IN MY ESTATE?!"

Marui pointed at Kanabara. Who was laying down, and reading a book.

"Shinobu kicked me out." He repiled.

"I wonder why."
"I know, right? It's like she hates me or something." Kanabara whined.
". . . do you not know sarcasm?"

Just then, a crow flew in through the open window and onto the low table. The crow announced for Yuki Marui to come to the masters estate.

"The big boss wants to see ya?"

~~~

"There's spottings of a demon in a town not to far from here. I want you and Ayomura to check it out." The master said, taking a sip of his tea.

"Huh? I-I mean with all due respect, master, why did you feel the need to call me out here for that?"

"I didn't give you a proper welcome ceremony because of all thats happen recently. I'm truly sorry about that. I felt I should at least give you your first mission as a hashira in person." The master smiled.

"It's quite alright, master. I didn't want a welcome ceremony in the first place. I already know most of the hashira already. And to be honest, it didnt feel like me." Marui explained.

"Thank you for your honesty. But I still wanted to do this bit for you."

"Well thank you, master. I'm greatful. I'll get started as soon as I leave." Marui stood up and began to walk to the door.

"Oh! And one more thing, Yuki."
Yuki turned to the master.
"Take Chen with you. I hear the two of you don't get along."

"Chen? . . . THAT BRAT?! No way! Nuh-uh! Nope! I apologize master, but please don't make me go on a mission with him!"

"I think this could be a great team building exercise for the three of you."

~~~

"Why is fate so cruel?" Marui groaned, leaning on the outside if the estate.

"MARUI!!" A cheery voice called out to her.

She looked to her right to see Rengoku running up to her.

"Oh! Rengoku, what a pleasant suprise to see you here. Did the master call for you?"

"He did! I'm guessing the same for you?"
"Yeah. But he's making me go on a mission with Kanabara, and I don't like it." Marui clenched her teeth.

"Who?"
"Oh right. You two never met."
"Are they in the demon slayer corps?"
"He is. Unfortunately."
"Well I want to meet him one day! He sounds like a strong slayer."

Marui smiled at Rengoku's enthusiasm. It always managed to put a smile on her face.

"Well, I best be off now." Marui waved her goodbye.

"See you later, Yuki!" Rengoku called out before walking away.

Marui stopped in her tracks.
'Did-did he call me by my first name?!'
Marui's face flushed red.

~~~

"Aw~! That's so cute!" Ayomura squealed.

"He probably just said it with out knowing." Marui brushed it off.

"How long have you two known each other again." Kanabara asked.

"Sigh. Kanabara, I'm doing my best to ignore you right now, so please shut up."

"Got it!" He smiled.

"So how long until we get there, Yuki?" Ayomura asked.

"Should be a few hours. We just go where our crows lead us." Marui replied.

"Oh come on!" Kanabara whined.

"You're always welcome to leave." Marui suggested.

"And leave all the fun stuff to you guys? Sure." Kanabara chuckled.

"Wha-you-ugh! I can't believe you're older than me!"

'Oh boy. There they go again. Well, as they say: Before nko.' Ayomura thought.

~~~

The three finally arrived at the town. But it was day time.

They made plans to rest at an inn for the day and begin at night fall.

Ayomura went out to gather intel about the demon. All she got out of it was that the demon never hides itself. They attack whoever they see in sight and leave when it's night fall.

Marui stayed at the inn. Writing letters to her loved ones. One to Tomioka, one to Shinobu, and one to Rengoku.

"Who are you writing to?" Kanabara asked, startling Marui.

"This is the girls room!"

"So? Are you gonna answer me."

Marui went quiet. "It's none of your business. Leave before my katana meets your face."

"Haha. Alright."
Kanabara took his leave.

He knew what she was doing, but didn't want to anger her even more. He picked up his katana that was still in its case. He fiddled with the little string of rope that was haning in the guard of his katana.

'. . . why didn't you tell me, Kanae?'

~~~

"*pant*. *pant*."

Kagome collapsed on a wall near her.
Her body couldn't take the heat from the sun, even in the shade.

" . . . tonight. Tonight will be the night I regain my strength."

~~~

"Stupid Kibutsuji. Stupid Tamayo. Stupid-"
"Are you okay?"

Tamaki looked behind him to see one of his cousins.

"No! I'm not okay! I'm literally going to murder a child right now!" Tamaki shouted.

"Okay. Well-Wait what?! Murder a child?! Kyoya, have you gone mad?!"

"Mad? Oh I'm WAY beyond mad! I'm frustrated, I'm betrayed, I'm loosing my shit, I'm loosing everything!" Tamari ranted. "Do you have any idea what I did to cut ties with this family? Sure I haven't done it yet, but I was!"

Hus cousin was backed into a corner at this point. "M-maybe think twice before doing this? I mean- I mean murder is a heavy burden."

"I've killed before! And I am willing to do it again!"

Tamaki grabbed his bag and went out the door.

". . . Maybe I should go to more family dinners." The cousin shivered.

_________________________________________

A/n note:

This was supossed to be part two. But wattpad closed me out and most of it got deleted.

So this is part 1 1/2. With it ending with part 3. It won't be the end if the series, but just the end of that 'arc'?

And as a little bonus, heres a quick run down of my oc's.

YUKI MARUI

Gender: Female
Age:21
Breathing style: Bubble breathing

SITI AYOMURA

Gender: Female
Age: 19
Breathing style: Bubble breathing

CHEN KANABARA

Gender: Male
Age:22
Breathing style: Hanahaki Breathing