18. Who will belive? (2/2)

(Y/n pov)(spoilers?)

I wake up to find a random guy . . .

Kissing Amane?!

I tried to get up, but it hurt so bad. My head hurts. Which is funny, I only got slapped. I hate drunk men.

I got up to try and find something. Then I saw a tree branch. I picked it up and ran to the stranger. As I got closer, I lifted the stick in the air and wacked it at the strangers head, making him fall down.

"Y/n?!" Amane shouted.

"Are you okay?!" I asked. I shouldn't have asked that. His eyes were reed and puffy. A stranger was forcing himself on him. He wasn't okay.

"I-I'm fine. Promise." Amane smiled.
My eyes widen.

He's just like me.

Always saying I'm fine when it's obvious I'm not. Having people force themselves upon you when you said no. It's suffocating.

"I know you're not. But I'm just going to leave it for now. Come on. We got a mission." I grabbed Amane's hand and lifted him off the ground.

~~~

"Here's your room. Sorry we couldn't get you another room, miss." The inn keeper apologized.

"No. This is fine." I assured him.

Me and Amane got to this inn when it got dark enough. Sure we are demon slayers, but we weren't on that kind of mission. But this inn was full and only had one room left. So me and Amane had to share.

"Okay. I'll leave you two to rest." The inn keeper left.

Amane and I got into our beds.

"Can I ask you something, y/n?" Amane asked.

"Sure. Anything." I replied.

"I-is it wrong . . . to love someone of the same gender?" He asked. I tilted my head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Well- I had crushes in the past, and none of them were females. Only males. A-am I gross?!" Amane put the covers over his head.

" . . . I don't think you are."

(Amane pov)

I took my head out of the covers and looked at y/n.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean, someone shouldn't feel gross about who they like. Unless it's a thug, deliquent, demon, killer, serial killer. You get the idea. But you like who you like. Weither it be males, females, non-gender, it's your life." Y/n smiled.

I never had someone say that before. When I came out to my parents, they were like the most confused people on the planet.

"And I get where your coming from."
Y/n said. "Hm? Why?"

"Well, I had a sister. Her name was Sakura, she was in the same boat as you. When she was 14, she had a secret love affair with our neighbor. Her name was Morea. But it only lasted two years before they realised they had an unhealthy relationship." Y/n explained.
"And I have a . . . thing going on with me as well." Y/n whispered that last one.

"Do you miss her? Your sister?" I asked.

Y/n looked at me for second. "Yeah. I do. Sorry. I hate the memories I made when I was younger." She looked sad. I shouldn't have asked.

"No. I'm sorry. If you didn't like talking about it," "No no. You're good. You didn't know." Y/n cut me off.

"We should get some shut eye. Or else Muichiro will have our heads if we take any longer." Y/n laughed.