21. Goodbye Sister, Hello Brother

(Y/n pov)

"Pick it up! You expect to get anywhere with that!" Tengen yelled as I rushed to pick up my wooden sword.

I was panting and sweating to no end.
I tried to block his attacks, but they were too fast.

He hit my wrist, making me loose my sword again and I fell to the ground.

"Lets take a break!" Tengen picked me up and threw me over his shoulder and carried me inside.

~~~

"You really got to take it easy on her. She's just a beginner." I heard Hinatsuru say.

"She's only 13, Lord Tengen. She isn't going to be a professional in just one day." Makio spoke.

"I know that. It's just- I've lost family already. All I really had was you three. But now with a girl we adopted as our daughter-sigh-I just don't want to loose all of you. I know you three can protect yourselves, but y/n is only a child. If I make her a demon slayer, she must learn to protect herself. I will sleep easy at night knowing that she will be safe and I won't have to worry."

I could hear Tengen about to cry. My three mother's hugged him.
I sat back in my seat and continued to sew my training outfit back up.

I was only a burden on others. Making them worry about me 24-7. Me being a child is the only excuse I really have. I'm being trained by one of the most strongest Hashira there is. According to Suma. So why am I falling behind still?

(Present day-night.)

I have decided not long ago, that if I'm going to die, I'm not dying a burden.

I pulled out my normal sword and got in fighting stance.

I took a deep breath and imagined I actually had a bow and arrow in my hands.

"Zodiac breathing: 9th star: Sagittarius!"

I swung my sword, making the wind little sharp arrow heads, flying at Gyutoro.

"GAAAAAAAAH!"
Gyutoro fell back, holding his head un pain.

"Y/n?!" Muichiro yelled. I ran over to him.

"Muichiro. Listen to me-"

"Gyutoro!" Me and Tokito looked over at Gyutoro to which Kagome was now close to him. Looking at Gyutoro sadden.
"What is it?" Tokito continued.

"I'm going to let you handle Gyutoro. While I handle Kagome."
I rushed over to where the two were and pulled out my flat tip sword.

Kagome must have heard me, due to she turned her head to me. But the moment we made eye contact,
I grabbed her neck and threw her forward.

"Amane!"
He flipped his head to me.
"You make sure the area is evacuated!"
He nodded and started to hurry.

I looked back at Kagome, who was holding her neck with blood sipping through her fingers.

"How could you, y/n?! I thought you would be happy to see me!"
Kagome yelled.

"That was if you were the real Kagome! The Kagome I knew wouldn't be turned into a demon!"

"Well news flash, people change!"

I gritted my teeth. She was right. Have I just been in denial? I don't know what I really want anymore.

(Nobody pov)
(With Gyutoro and Muichiro)

Tokito looked over at the tall demon.
Gyutoro was getting his wounds healed.

"That little brat!" He muttered. "I'm going to kill her!"

"You are not." Tokito said as he held the tip of his sword at Gyutoro's face.
"Your opponent is me. Not y/n."