14. Nightmare

(Y/n pov)

"The demon has been spotted everywhere in town, and when someone tried to fight it, they were eaten by the demon!"

A man in is 50s was explaining what was going on in this village. But one thing concerned me.

"Why is the demon leaving bloody corpses? Don't demons devour every human they see?"

"Yes, y/n! That is a good point!"

"But Nezuko . . . what if this demon doesn't eat people?!"

"That is one point! But it still kills humans! We need to do our part as hashira and kill demons that kill humans!"

Rengoku was right. He isn't a bad guy, but we are still hashira. We got done talking with the man and walked around trying to find the demon, but we got distracted by food.

"Umai!"

He said that after every bite. I didn't find it. Infact, I found it kinda funny.

"Is it that good, Rengoku?"
"Of course! Every meal is delicious when you spend it with your loved ones!"
"Aww~ you're so sweet Rengoku."

I thought it was sweet that he found me as one of his loved ones, like family I guess? I don't know. Whatever works.

"So what do you think the demon looks like?" I asked.
"Hm? I don't know! Umai!" Rengoku took another bite of the food.

When we got done with the meal we walked around trying to find clues about any demon tracks. Night time was about to begin, so at any moment, the demon will strike.

"Um . . . excuse me, miss?"

I turned around to find a boy just about 2 years older than me blushing as I made I contact with him. I noticed a girl that looked a year older than him as well.

"Yes?"

"I-i just wanna say . . . you have very pretty hair."

"Oh, thank you?"

"You really do! I love it!" The other girl said.
"You so sweet! And pretty as well!"
"Oh thank you! My name is Neiko!"
"Y/n!"
"This is My younger brother, Akira"
"Nice to meet you!"

"Um. . . . Y/n, we need to get going."

I was startled at the realization that I was on a mission.

"Oh my goodness! You're right! I'm so sorry! I'm sorry Neiko, Akira, but I gotta go! See you around, maybe!"

"See ya!"

I caught up to Rengoku feeling guilty.

"You made two friends in just a matter of seconds! That's amazing!"

" . . . t-thank you? A-anyway, we got to get back to the mission like you said.
Like Lord Tengen always said,
"Lets have a flashy fight!"

I smiled like Lord Tengen would always smile. Rengoku looked at me with his usual face. I started to get embarrassed.

"U-um, let's g-go."

~~~

"No clues yet!"

Rengoku and I have been searching for, probably an hour. And no signs of a demon. I'm exhausted.

"I feel like taking a-"

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

A scream was heard from the distance.
Me and Rengoku ran to where the scream was heard.

As soon as we got there . . .

We found Neiko and Akira running at us looking terrified.

"What happened?!" Rengoku yelled with worry in his voice. I was worried as well.