Jail Time

"Have you seen my boyfriend, Grant? He's about this tall with bright blue eyes and dirty blonde hair?" I pop up on my tip toes and raise my arms as tall as I can manage to emphasize Grant's height. I'm slightly intoxicated, which means I'm too out of it to pay mind to the fact that Grant and I are supposed to be pretending to be broken up.

The bleach blonde girl with brown eyes shakes her head. "Sorry hunny, I haven't seen him."

I cringe. I hate when people call me hunny. "Okay, well thanks anyways."

I sigh and sit down on a bar stool. I haven't seen Grant or Grayson since they said they were going to use the restroom. That was almost 30 minutes ago. I scuff, I thought only girls traveled in packs.

I do a final glance around the bar. My eyes light up when I see Grant. I jump out of my seat and walk quickly over to him. He appears to be in an intense discussion with a short, stalky man with dark brown hair that hushes as I near them.

"Hey!" I smile at him.

He looks me over. "Hey."

"When did you put on the baseball cap?" I squint at him. "And where is Grayson?"

He smirks. "Have you been watching me?"

I roll my eyes at him. "Thirty minutes is a long time you know. I thought maybe you or Grayson fell in."

"I don't fall, or know who Grayson is, sorry gorgeous." I watch as he waves the guy he was talking to away, focusing his complete attention on me.

I freeze. What game is he playing? "I wasn't aware we were role playing."

"We can be, but I should probably know your real name first." He looks amused.

Something about him is different, darker. It suddenly hits me. "You're not Grant."

He sighs. "I was afraid you weren't just coming up here to hit on me."

"I'm so sorry, I thought you were someone else." I take a step back.

He squints at me. "Who?"

I speak up instantly. "You wouldn't know him."

"Try me." He challenges me.

I take a deep breath, feeling guilty. "My boyfriend."

He laughs at my expense. "Oooh, that's gotta hurt."

"You look so much like him." I look at him, amazed by his similar facial structure.

He shifted. "So, you think I'm hot."

It wasn't a question. "I should go find him."

His voice stops me as I turn to walk away, he even sounds similar to Grant. "Well, if he looks like me and was with a guy with dark brown curly hair, he went out back."

"Okay, thank you." I stare at him.

He shrugs. "No problem." He lifts his hat to reveal a gorgeous head of black curly hair that he plays with for a second before placing the hat back on his head. There are so many attractive people around me lately that it makes me feel a little insecure.

I stop myself from looking too long and speed out the back door to find Grant and Grayson.

I just make it out the door when I get a call from an unknown number. I hesitate but ultimately decide to answer.

"Hello?" I pray it's Grant.

"Rinnie?" My prayers are answered. Grant sounds exhausted. I can't help but smile when I hear his voice.