I Know What You Did

After finding Vanessa's dream dress, we went into full on wedding preparation mode. Vanessa and I talked everyday trying to make sure that everything was perfect for her big day. The boys oversaw the guest list, V and I were in charge of the decorations, and the rest of the obligations were split evenly amongst the group. I've always heard that wedding planning and preparation is stressful, but I had a lot of fun getting everything ready with Vanessa. I contributed everything working out to everyone's bright attitudes. Throughout the entire process, we were all super excited and positive. Something about working with your best friends on a huge project feels different, better somehow.

Vanessa sighs as she lays down on her bed. "That's it. Everything is officially as it should be. Now, we can finally party!"

"Tonight is going to be amazing!" I say dreamily. "I've never heard of anyone else doing a masquerade for their bachelor and bachelorette party, the idea just blows my mind!"

Alec and Vanessa decided that they wanted to do a joint masquerade party instead of the traditional bachelor and bachelorette styled parties. The two parties are going to go to separate hotels afterwards though, so that they do get to some separation before the wedding. The wedding is on Halloween, and they wanted their parties to match the occasion. Their theme is red and black, which I think is so cool.

She smiles. "Thanks! I'm so excited! I can't believe it's tonight, everything is moving so fast."

"I know! I can't believe by the end of this week you'll be a married woman!"

She giggles. "I can't believe I'm marrying Alec and you're dating Grant."

I laugh too. "Who would've thought we'd be with the two biggest players in town."

She slowly sits up. "We should start getting ready, it'll take us awhile."

"Let's do it!" I agree.

As suspected, we spend hours getting ready, reminiscing on how we got here the whole time. It's been so long since we've hung out after I moved to LA, and I've felt a little disconnected from everyone. When Vanessa told me they'd found their dream wedding venue here in LA, I cried tears of joy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vanessa comes out of the bathroom looking flawless in her long silky red dress that had a exaggerated slit on both sides and matching red lips. Her long black hair was straightened, and she paired her outfit with shiny black pumps that lifted her at least an extra six inches off the ground. My favorite part of her outfit was the black sparkly mask that covered one side of her face, drawing attention to her large brown doe eyes.

"Wow!" I gawked.

She stared at me; her mouth gaped. "Wow yourself!"

I felt a little self-conscious in my outfit after seeing her. I was wearing a long black dress that had a lowcut sequence top and the sides cut out. My dress had a single, less extreme slit up my left leg. I paired it with some sparkly red heels that weren't nearly as tall as Vanessa's. My mask was sparkly, black and red and covered my entire face. My hair fell in soft curls around my face and down my back, it had grown some since I moved to LA.

We stood there a minute, excited to be dressed up and going out. My phone interrupted our train of thought.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Rinnie, we're just leaving now." Grant's voice makes my heart jump in my chest. I couldn't wait to see him all dressed up; I think Vanessa said they were all wearing suits.

"Rinnie, you okay?"

I hold the phone closer to my ear. "Yeah, sorry I was distracted."

"By what?" I can picture him smirking on the other end of the line.