Bad Decisions

"I can't look, I have too high of expectations." Vanessa turns away from the lit-up mirror with closed eyes.

"They'll be exceeded trust me! You look perfect!" I reassure her, meaning every word I'm saying.

She opens her eyes, but is careful to avoid the mirror. "I'm getting married in one hour."

"To the love of your life, looking like a goddess."

She eyes me skeptically. "It actually looks good? You're not lying to me?"

I chuckle. "Yes, it looks amazing. Don't you trust your makeup artist?"

She sighs. "I do, she does incredible work, but I just have such a specific look I'm going for." Vanessa always feels bad for being a dreamer and it makes me sad. She's had too many people tell her she's high maintenance for her to not feel guilty when she expects great things. I disagree with those people; Vanessa is the reason I've been on so many amazing adventures. She doesn't except anything less than what she wants, and she is willing to work really hard for that. We once were planning a trip to Florida, but Vanessa dreamed bigger and ended up planning an out of this world trip to Hawaii, helping to pay for any of our friends who couldn't afford the price. Florida couldn't compete with that. Alec always supports these dreams of Vanessa's, never once telling her she can't do anything. He always says yes and matches her high energy.

"Look at yourself V." I say sternly. All the bridesmaids chant for her to look.

Her chair moves inch by inch until she is finally facing the mirror. "It's exactly what I wanted." She beams. "I'm so happy!" She says with tears in her eyes.

I wrap my arms around her, and the rest of the female wedding party join in for a huge group hug. "I'm so happy for you!"

"The hair is my favorite part." Safiya jokes and I must agree that she deserves her credit for Vanessa's stunning hairdo.

Vanessa dark hair falls in big curls around her tanned face. Her hair is in a princess braid that suits her better than anyone I've ever seen. She chose a beautiful black hair piece to complete the look. Her hair is tinted dark blue, which Saf did a great job with. We all love it!

We spend so much time gawking at her that we end up running behind. "Okay, we need to get you in this extravagant dress." I smile as I walk over to the star of the show, V's gown. It's lowcut and sleek on the top, and lace mermaid on the bottom. It looks even better than the day she tried it on. She died the ends of the dress a glow in the dark blue to match her hair. She looks like the corpse bride in the absolute best way. Alec is dressing as Victor, which I can't wait to see how it turns out. He died his hair black just for this occasion.

After Vanesa is in her dress, she asks me to go make sure everyone is ready for the wedding to start. I walk out to meet my date, Kyler. The bright green outfit he's wearing stands out like a sore thumb amongst the crowd. He looks great as Peter Pan. "There you are Tinker Bell!" He smiles brightly at me.

"Hey there Peter Pan, you look great." I give him a hug.

I hear a scuff come from behind me. A gorgeous woman dressed as Harley Quinn comes up to us. "Is this her?" I can't read her; she stares at Kyler with a blank expression.

This must be Kyler's girlfriend, Aspen. "Hi, I'm Zephyrine."

She extends a hand. "I'm Aspen."

Kyler looks nervously at her. "Remember what you promised."

She sighs. "I'm not going to blow anything up, I swear. She already makes out with you on TV every day, I'm growing immune at this point. Besides, have you seen my date?" She smirks and motions towards Grant who looks amazing as the Joker.