Busted

Her phone makes a loud bang as it hits the ground.

"What the...?" She grabs her face.

I narrow my eyes at her. "Regina Goldsworthy?"

She looks at me, trying to remember me. She never will, we never met. "Do I know you?"

"No, but I know everything about you."

Regina removes her hand from her face to point a finger into my chest. "I don't know who you think you are, but you're messing with the wrong person."

"I can assure you I'm not." I say cooly. "You get paid to send kids off to creeps, yeah?"

Her eyes turn into slits that remind me of snake eyes. "What?"

Now it's my turn to poke my finger into her chest. "What, did you think you got away with it? Did you really think no one would ever find out?"

She actually has the audacity to laugh. "You have no idea what you're talking about little girl. I guarantee you've never been through the difficult times I have."

I'm not one for confrontation, but in that moment I see red and loose control of myself. I know that I'm punching her, pulling her hair, scratching her, but I can't stop.

I don't know how long I'm on her before V is holding me back. "Woah, what is going on?!"

"Ask her." I keep my eyes narrowed at Regina.

"Ma'am, I'm going to need you to come with us." I hadn't even noticed the young police officer standing in front of me.

V pushes me behind her. "You're taking her to jail?!"

"Ma'am don't intervene!" The officer tells V.

She moves in on him. "Oh, I'm intervening." She points to me. "This is my best friend and I can assure you that she didn't do that unprovoked. So, I suggest you take that lady in and ask her what she did before I sue you."

I gently tap V. "It's okay V, I'll go with them. I'm sure they just want to ask me some questions and I'll be back in time for mani-pedis."

The officer scuffs. "Ma'am you just assaulted an elderly woman, you're not going home anytime soon."

"Elderly?!" Regina cries through her black eyes and grabs her chest with her bleeding arms. "I'm only 35!"

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, times like 35 years ago."

She dives at me, but another officer holds her back. "You little..."

"Alright, let's get you out of here." The young officer motions for me to follow him. I reluctantly oblige.

V calls out to me. "I'll meet you there with Shane!" She cups her hands in an effort to make her voice louder. "Tell them you're not talking until you see your lawyer!"

I give her a thumbs up and keep walking, still not calmed down.

When we get to the police station, V and Shane are waiting for me.

"Excuse me? I'd like a moment alone with my client please." Shane speeds over to me.

The officer groans. "Okay, but please hurry."

Shane shows his pearly whites and nods." It won't be long at all."

As soon as we're alone in a room, Shane begins interrogating me. "Okay, what happened?"

"I did the world a favor and smacked the crap out of that psycho." I cross my arms and sit down.

Shane takes a deep breath. "Can you explain to me why that was a favor to the world?"