Saying Yes

I lazily slide my finger across the screen to answer my phone. "Hello?"

"Oh Z, it's terrible!" I quickly recognize Vanessa's voice.

I sit straight up. "What's wrong V? Are you okay?"

"No, I'm a spoiled brat! An ugly spoiled brat!" She whimpers in response.

I bring my knees to my chest. "No, you aren't! Why do you even think that?"

"It's my dress, I hate it!" She speaks between sobs.

"You don't like your wedding dress anymore?"

"No, I look like a peacock!"

I laugh a little. "Okay, it's okay. We'll get you a new one."

"The wedding is in a few days, it's impossible to get a dress this late."

"Nope, we're not being negative! We still have a few days, we just need one dress."

I hear her crying stop. "You think we can?"

"Absolutely!" I try to sound positive although I have my doubts. However, we don't have an option, we have to get her a dress she loves, it's her wedding day. "Get ready right now and we'll start our journey!"

"Okay, I'll get in the shower now."

I lean against the headrest. "Good girl, I'll see you in an hour."

"I love you!" She squeals.

"Love you too! Now go get ready, I'm hanging up." I say and promptly hang up the phone.

I stand up and feel a hand around my wrist stopping me.

"Where are you going?" Grant says as he rubs his eyes.

I sit on the edge of the bed. "Vanessa needs a new wedding dress."

He nods. "Take my wallet and be careful."

I kiss him. "Thank you! I'm going to get in the shower."

His eyes light up. "You mean we're going to get in the shower."

I laugh. "How'd you know? Just remember I only have an hour though."

He jumps up, smiling. Right as we're about to enter the bathroom we hear a little voice. "Grrr?"

We look at each other. "Did he just growl at us?" I whisper.

Grant smirks. "That's what the little guy calls me since he can't say Grant."

He runs out to Prince's crib. "Hi little man!"

Prince smiles and raises his arms for Grant to carry him. Grant looks over at me and sighs. "I'm still getting used to having him around, I feel like I'm doing a terrible job."

I walk over to him, watching the way he and Prince are looking at each other. "You're not."

"Hey little man how would you feel about spending time with Grayson?" He pleads with Prince.

Prince giggles. "My Son?"

Grant and I laugh. "Yeah, baby Grayson!"

Prince starts trying to climb out of his crib. Grant grabs him before he can fall. He places him gently on the ground and takes his hand. I watch him clumsily walk with Grant to the door.

"How old is Prince?" I ask Grant curiously.

Grant shrugs, "They aren't sure yet. They're still looking into his background."

"Poor guy doesn't even know his birthday." I smile at Prince, apologetically.

"I know." Grant sighs.