Karai's Vendetta

One of the benefits of that Kraang ship being destroyed was that one of the alien pilots had survived, and Shredder had decided not to finish it off in any way. In fact, for the first time since Karai and Lucian mentioned the Kraang, he seemed interested in the aliens. He had brought the weird brain creature back to their lair, planning on interrogating it. From what Karai could tell, he wanted to know why they were after Pepper and the turtles.

"Why were you hunting the turtles?" Shredder asked the alien, which he was holding by the head in the air. The creature glared at him and screeched, thrashing his tentacles around frantically.

Karai smirked. "They don't talk much outside their little houses," she said, patting the droid beside her. It was the robotic piece she'd snatched when she'd followed the turtles into that Kraang lab full of all that animal DNA.

Shredder looked at her for a second before shoving the shrieking Kraang into the droid piece. The alien thrashed around a bit before closing its eyes and going still. The robotic torso slowly started to power up, the head and all the severed arm and leg stubs wiggling around. The head lifted up, and the audio suddenly started up.

"K-Ka-K-Ka-Kraang is lacking the knowledge to answer the questions that the one known as Shredder is asking of Kraang."

Shredder stared down at the alien. "Do they all speak like this?"

"Even if Kraang is possessing the knowledge, the one known as Shredder will never be getting that knowledge from Kraang," the alien said.

Karai stared down at the alien in amusement, raising an eyebrow. Your funeral, freak. "You didn't have any other plans for today, did you?" 

Shredder turned back to face her. "Let's try again." He raised his hand, and a blade shot straight out of his gauntlet, and he brought it up the alien brain's face. "Why were you hunting the turtles?"

The Kraang stared down at the blade, terror in its eyes. "The ones known as 'the turtle and the girl' are protecting the lifeform needed by Kraang," the alien said fearfully. "The one known as April O'Neil. The one known as Hamato Pepper is also needed."

At that point, Karai started listening carefully. The turtles knew another human girl, besides her? How, and why?

"Who is this April O'Neil?" Shredder demanded. 

"She is the one known as 'the one'. She and the one known as 'Hamato Pepper' are the links which are missing in plan which is the plan of Kraang."

"So, this April O'Neil is at the center of everything, along with Pepper," Karai said simply.

"Then, perhaps we can use this April O'Neil to draw Pepper and the turtles out of hiding." Shredder moved his blade away and turned to look at Karai. "Karai, find this girl and bring her to me." Karai smirked, giving a small nod before standing. But just as she turned to walk away, she felt him put a hand on his shoulder and she stopped immediately. "And, Karai," he said, and he sounded more serious this time. "Listen to me, because this is very important. After you bring April O'Neil to me, I want you to bring the turtles' companion here as well."

"Their companion?"

"Yes. That girl known as Pepper."

For the first time in a long time, she felt surprised. In fact, for a moment, all she did was stare at him. Was he serious? "You want me to bring her, too?" she asked. "But, why? Why do you--?"

"Karai." Shredder cut her off. "There is more going on than you know, and for now you do not need to know. All you should be concerned about is doing what I command of you, and what I command is for you to bring in this April O'Neil girl, and that girl Pepper. Do not disappoint me."