Chapter 34

"Mursakicchi, stop it's enough you've stopped him, he can't move anymore. You have to help Himuro and Kurokocchi now!"

I opened my eyes with a groan, I had only passed out for a moment, but the room had changed drastically. Kasamatsu was kneeling before Himuro and Kise, helping take the cuffs off of them, I was already uncuffed and a blanket had been draped over me. I heard the sound of flesh hitting flesh and recognized it as someone getting a beating. The sound stopped and in the silence that followed was just the sound of ragged breathing. I looked over to see Murasakibara standing with his back to the room, blood dripped from his knuckles and on the ground in front of him was a lump and I recognized it as Haizaki, but only because of the clothes he wore. His face was a bloodied pulp. 

"Atsushi."

The giant jerked at his name being called and he spun from the body and strode over to where Himuro was moving into a sitting position, flinching as his injured leg was dragged against the ground. Murasakibara reached out to touch his lover, hands grasping either side of his face. Neither of them seemed to be bothered by the blood and they touched their foreheads together, Himuro muttering words under his breath to his lover that I couldn't hear and slowly Murasakibara's breathing begun to slow down. 

"Kurokocchi are you okay? Why did you do that?"

Kise scrambled onto the bed beside me, a towel wrapped around his waist and Kasamatsu's jacket draped over his shoulders. I sat up slowly, hissing at the pain in my backside and pulled the blanket around myself to cover my nakedness. 

"Are you okay?"

I reached out to cup his face and ran a finger on the bruise forming and the cut on his cheek.

"Me? Why are you worried about me? I would have been fine."

He tried to sound brave but I heard his voice wobble and the tears that formed in his eyes, so I grabbed him and pulled him close. 

"I don't want any of my friends to suffer. You have been through enough."

His body trembled and I soothed him as I let him cry against my shoulder and looked up over to Kasamatsu.

"He has some kind of jammer up; get out of its reach and contact some people to take care of that mess and then we need to get to a hospital."

"I will get Kiyoshi, Aomine and Mayuzumi here immediately with some men."

He bowed and went to turn away, but I remembered Haizaki's words.

"No, send Kiyoshi and Mayuzumi to Akashi, I think he is in trouble. Haizaki said Nash was making his move. Just have Aomine and his men come here."

Kasamatsu looked like he wanted to argue with me but I just glared at him and he bowed before rushing off to do as I had ordered. My heart was thumping in my chest as I looked around the room. Our peace had been shattered once more and I had no idea if Akashi was okay or not.

It wasn't long before the sound of rushing feet sounded and Aomine burst into the room. He saw Kise immediately. The blonde had exhausted himself by crying and was now lying down beside me, head on my lap. Aomine rushed over and scooped his lover up into his arms. 

"Ryota, I'm sorry I'm late."

Fresh tears streamed down his face as he clung to the bluenette and cried anew.  I got to my feet and stumbled, my legs numb and the pain agonizing as I moved. I would have fallen but Mayuzumi was there.

"What are you doing here? I told you to go to Akashi."

"Grandfather has gone to his side, did you really think I wouldn't rush here when I heard you here hurt?"