Chapter 17

I unlocked my apartment door, wanting nothing more than a hot bath and to go back to bed, it had been a long night thanks to Nash and I ached all over.

"Tetsuya!"

I looked up in surprise and was pulled against a hard chest.

"Akashi? What are you doing here?"

"Where were you? You were out all night and didn't have your phone on you, do you realise how worried we were?"

"We?"

I looked past him to see my lounge room was full of people. I was glad I had worn my thick hooded jumper, it covered the worse of the marks on my body. Kiyoshi, Kagami, Mayuzumi, Hyuga, Aomine and Kise all stood up, relief on their faces as they saw me standing there.  I gent;y untangled myself from Akashi, his hand was sitting on a rather nasty bruise and it was taking all my energy to not acknowledged the pain.

"Why are you all here? Is everything okay?"

They all exchanged a look and I felt my stomach drop, what had happened to make them look like that.

"Maybe you should sit down."

"I don't want to sit down, don't baby me, tell me what happened? is uncle okay? Is it Murasakibara? Everyone else is here, are they okay?"

I looked at Mayuzumi but he still seemed hesitant so instead I turned to Akashi and gripped his arm.

"What happened? Tell me, you promised no more secrets."

"Akashi he needs a minute to"- Akashi held up his hand, silencing Aomine. He then grabbed my hand and placed it between both of his.

"Nash is back."

I felt a rush of relief surge through me, making me knees go week and Akashi held me tight against his chest. Let them think it was fear, I was just glad no one had been hurt thanks to my actions last night. They had been smart gathering everyone together so that Nash couldn't target them. I hadn't expected the news to travel so quickly.

"Come, sit down."

I let Akashi lead me to the chair and sat me down while Mayuzumi grabbed me a glass of water. I could feel everyone's eyes on me and I prayed that me acting skills wouldn't let me down. I made my hand shake as I took a sip of water.

"Are you sure?"

Akashi knelt in front of me, hands on my knees and met my gaze, analysing every little move I made. I felt the fear that he knew creep back. Had the footage also captured me? Did they know that I had been with Nash?

No, if they knew they would have said something already, asked what I knew about his whereabouts, no way would they be this calm and certainly the emperor would have appeared.

"We are sure, CCTV picked him up nearby. Don't worry about it. The police are aware and we have everyone in the group on high alert. I am assigning a guard rotation for both here and work. You can't go anywhere without a guard, we all discussed ths, it's not just me being over protective."

He gave me a slight smile, obviously trying to make me feel better. He didn't know that I had already been in his grasp but now, I was free. The thought rocked me and I felt tears in my eyes.

"Oh Tetsuya."

He stood up and pulled my face into his chest, soothing my hair. 

"It's okay. We will find him and keep you safe."

I lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling and rubbing a rather nasty bruise on my wrist. Everyone had left the apartment a few hours earlier and I had taken the time to take a shower and see to my injuries before going to sleep. Now I was awake and my mind was going into overdrive. Nash had been discovered and it had been done in such a way that it didn't back fire onto me meaning I had upheld my part of the bargain and my loved ones were safe. Everyone would be vigilant and Nash's face was shown everywhere, he would not be able to act freely anymore, surely that meant he would not try to get to me, not like he could with my permanent guards. It had been decided that Kiyoshi would stay at the day care with me and I would have four men permanently stationed nearby and three other groups patrolling at all times. It seems that Akashi and Mayuzumi were not going to let there be any chance of Nash getting close to me.