Chapter 26

Time seemed to fly by and my days took on a familiar routine. I was completely moved back into the Akashi household but this time it was a bit different. Akashi and I claimed a small house that was separate to the main household. I had always noticed the small cottage surrounded by a little garden but had never gone near it or asked whose it was. A few days after our engagement I had come back to the house and instead of pulling up at the main household Kiyoshi drove past to the other house and Akashi had greeted me, saying this was the house of his future wife, well now husband. They had moved everything in while I was working at the company and I loved every inch of it. I spent my days off tending to the garden and putting our own design through the rooms . It was good because I still wasn't sure how to handle the bowing and being called boss or young master again. I knew it would come with the ring and I didn't regret it but it was going to take some getting used to. 

Mayuzumi, Kiyoshi, Aomine and Midorima also moved to rooms closer to our little love cottage. I had told Mayuzumi and Kiyoshi they didn't need to stay at the compound and spend their time waiting on me but I just got blank stares and statements along the line of 'we live for you' and it honestly frustrated me but that was this life. Even though Mayuzumi was the highest ranking person alongside Akashi in our joined groups he still treated me like the heir to the group. This type of worship and the feelings my mother left behind battled inside of me. I didn't want to let either of them down but they both wanted different things for my life but by becoming Akashi's lover it tilted the scales. 

I had not wanted Akashi to feel like the seven years we had spent apart had been a waste so I kept it a secret from him as I began my training anew with Mayuzumi. I had grown up in this life, even though I had shut the memories away for many years so it was just like refreshing my knowledge and learning things my father had never had a chance to teach me. These little sessions made me feel closer to him and made me miss him and my mother with a fresh ache.

These sessions happened in the middle of the work day when Akashi would be pulled away for other work, more dangerous work and I would stay at the company to take over for him. I was glad every minute of every day for Momoi. She never got frustrated when I didn't know something, would happily teach me and was full of knowledge. Knowing that the Akashi's were an influential, rich and well connected family and seeing it were two different things. I was in awe at how many things the company had a hand in and could now fully understand the way people had fan girled over him at high school.

My nights were all about Akashi, lying in is arms and making up for all the lost time.

The only dark spot on these bright times were the emotional and physical scars on my body and mind. 

We had been lying in bed getting hot and heavy when his hand had accidentally snagged my necklace and scraped it against my throat. I had been instantly teleported back to when Nash had chocked and raped me in the bath and began screaming and sobbing, begging for it to stop, for someone to help. It had been my first panic attack and all I could remember clearly was the fear that had gripped me to the point where I couldn't breath.

Afterwards Akashi told me that Midorima had to sedate me. The worst part of it all was that I never could tell when something would set me off. It could be something as simple as a sound or smell. One of the worst ones had been when I saw a blonde man with a tattoo on his neck at the shops. I had instantly lost all strength in my legs and Kiyoshi had thought I had been hurt. We were working on it and the attacks got less as time went on but each time they happened I could see Akashi battling with the emperor inside of him. We would never know peace until Nash was gone from this earth. 

"Kuroko, it's time."

"Just a minute Chiho. Let me finish this email."