Chapter 22

It was the second day of me being freed from my captors and time for my check up. I had not wanted to go to a hospital, insisting I was fine and that I only wanted Midorima to treat me, at home. The fact that I had referred to Akashi's house as home had been a turning point and he had let me have my way. 

I was too scared to go to a hospital, too scared to leave the confines of the complex and face the world. I had been tracked down and taken so easily by Nash and Haizaki and I had no intention of giving them another chance at it. That, and I didn't want anyone else to see what had been done to me. I couldn't cover the bruises on my face, neck and wrists all the time and I could see the looks of pity and rage on the faces of those that saw them. Akashi had been right when he said the men talked. They were bigger gossips then a bunch of old women in the grocery store. After being back for only one day word had spread that I had sacrificed myself to keep everyone safe. They put me up on a pedestal, a martyr and I didn't like that. I had done what I could to protect my loved ones, that was all but the way I was talked about, it made it sound like I had gone to war for them. The truth was a lot more ugly.

Midorima sat in a chair in front of me, waiting for me to get comfortable. He had not tried to hasten me to take my clothes off so that he could examine me but had simply locked the door, handed me water and kept busy as I built up the courage to show him what had been done to my body. With a shaky breath I took my shirt off but as I did I twisted a bit and pain flared up down my left side and I flinched. Midorima was by my side in a second, hands gentle as he prodded my  ribs. 

"There's no break but this bruising is pretty severe."

His voice was steady but I noticed he was shaking. I sat quietly as he examined my body that was covered in a colourful array of bruises both old and new. It was like my body was a canvas that those bastards had decided to paint every inch of. The quiet deepened as he put some cream on my rope burns and grazes. The emerald haired man had always been a calm presence but the more he saw of the marks that littered my body the more his hands began to shake in anger and I could see his eyes ablaze with rage.

"Did they. How many times. How rough was."

It was strange to see him at a loss for words. He stood before me as he tried to gather his thoughts and I understood immediately what he was trying to ask.

"How many times did they rape me?"

He sighed, taking his glasses off to pinch the bridge of his nose. He was trying to stay calm even though he didn't want to push me into something uncomfortable he needed to know.

"I-I honestly can't remember. They hurt me a lot and I passed out a few times. I also couldn't be sure what was a nightmare and what was reality. They didn't use lube so it hurt  a lot but I'm okay, just a bit sore."

"I have to check you out, make sure they didn't tear or damage you too much."

I nodded and stripped the rest of my clothes off. Midorima's eyes travelled along the extra bruises he could see and the silence became deafening. Silently I lay face down on the bed. His hands were gentle and I closed my eyes.

"God damn it!"

I was shocked at his outburst and looked over my shoulder to see him knock over a nearby shelf of medical supplies before storming out the door. I had time to sit up and wrap a blanket around myself before I heard voices and footsteps outside the door he had left through. It opened to let in Akashi. I saw Midorima trembling behind him before the door closed, cutting off my sight of him.

"Is Midorima okay?"

"Yes, just angry."

"Why?"