Chapter 11

"Someone's at the door!"

One of the kids called me from the change room where I had just finished changing one of the babies. Picking him up I walked back into the main room to see all the kids standing in a half circle in front of Akashi, staring up at him in awe. 

I couldn't blame them, even now he still took my breath away. It had to be illegal for someone to look so good. He looked up as I walked in and his face lit up with a smile and I felt my cheeks warm up as they always did when I met his gaze and saw all the emotions behind them. 

"I hope you don't mind me dropping in, I was in the area and I brought coffee and cake."

I put the baby down in the swing and the young girl I had working for me took the other kids off to play while I indicated Akashi to follow me to the office.

"It's a bit quieter in here and the kids will stop staring at you."

He handed me a bag and inside I recognised some of Murasakibara's cakes.

"Just in the area huh? Murasakibara's bakery is on the other side of town. So is your office?"

"Ha, busted. I just wanted to see you."

I shivered as I felt his hand brush my hair back from my face and then settled on my leg. He waited for a bit to see if I would object but I just bit into the cake and he began to trail his fingers up and down.

"Ryota called me today."

I looked up in shock, after the reaction he had showed yesterday that was the last thing I had expected.

"He apologised for the way he has been acting and has given us his blessing. Of course it came with a condition that if I hurt you again he would rearrange my face."

He chuckled and I was glad to see he wasn't mad about what our friend had said. That seemed to be another thing that had changed since he had been away, he wasn't as quick to anger anymore.

"How's the cake?"

"Delicious, as usual."

I was surprised when he lent over to kiss me.

"Hmm yes it is."

I felt myself flush bright red and the next thing I knew I was pulled into his lap and he was kissing me deeply. I gripped his shoulders to steady myself as his arms went around my waist, pulling me closer. His tongue explored every inch of my mouth and I lost myself in my lust. He moved to my neck and I moaned when he bit down. 

Then his phone rang. He cursed and grabbed it out of his pocket without dislodging me from his lap.

"What?"

I could hear Midorima on the other side and from the face Akashi was making he was needed elsewhere. I got off him, straightening my clothes and holding my hands to my burning face. He stood up and wrapped his arms around me pulling me back into his chest as he kissed the top of my head.

"I promised to hold back, to take it slow but it's hard when you look so adorable. I'll be back tonight, I want to have dinner with you if that's okay?"

I was quiet for a bit so he turned me around and tilted my chin up so I had to meet his gaze.

"What's wrong? Am I moving to fast?"

"No, it's not that. Are Kise and Aomine okay? They were both so angry and sad yesterday."

"They are and their anger is not directed at you or me. The past is painful for a lot of us so when we bring it up our darker sides come out."