Chapter 37

The bar was busy, and I was glad for it as I weaved through the people and tables to grab finished drinks and take orders. I expertly dodged grabbing hands and ignored the eyes that lingered on my body. 

It had been another three days since I had come to Ogiwara's place and in that short amount of time I had begun to lose my mind. I had thought myself someone who could easily amuse myself and would enjoy some time alone but being with Akashi and this new life had brought in so many people that being alone was almost painful.

I had lasted all of one day before begging my friend to let me work for him. Part of it was because I really felt I needed to thank him for everything he had done and as doing to help me but also, I couldn't spend another day in that room. 

He had agreed as long as I kept the wig and glasses on. That had been easy and a no brainer. Too many people knew about me, and I didn't want anyone reporting back where I was. I had pitched my voice a bit higher than normal so that the workers who knew me wouldn't pick me up. It seemed to work, they had that much trust in Ogiwara and even as 'Haru' they welcomed me with open arms. It stung a bit, to lie to them but it was for their safety as much as my own. If Nash or even my family thought that they knew my whereabouts, I couldn't guarantee that they wouldn't be pressured or hurt into telling. 

Last night had been pretty busy but tonight was a Friday and the club was filled to the brim. Workers finishing off a rough work week had come in and went straight through the red door, still dressed in their work clothes. Ogiwara was running the bar back there, so I was looking after the front one with two other bartenders, both women who had previously flited with me before realizing I batted for the other team. 

The blonde one waved me over and I dumped the tray of collected glasses in front of her before grabbing the new one.

"We are getting good tips tonight, must be thanks to the new eye candy."

She winked at me and I rolled my eyes, "I doubt that is because of me this is only my second shift."

"They do say the most beautiful people are blind. Do you really not see the looks you are getting? Sarah and I have been making bets on how many people stare at your arse as you walk by. She wins every time."

Sarah, a curvy woman with olive skin and thick curly hair just shrugged, "It's a skill, I know my pervs."

The blonde grabbed my arm before I could turn away and lowered her voice so no one would overhear her in the loud room.

"Flirt a little to get more money but be careful. We have a few gangsters that frequent this establishment. Most are okay but lately there have been some real scary dudes. Last week it took all of the security to get this one guy out who wouldn't take no for an answer when one of workers from behind the red door was performing. It was messy."

I made my eyes widen in surprise at the mention of gangsters, knowing that was the reaction she was looking for. I made a show of glancing around in fear and she patted my head. I had noticed she liked to think of herself as a bit of a mother figure to the workers here.

"Don't worry, if anything goes wrong or someone can't take a hint just come here or grab Reg at the door, we will look after you little one."

As I took the drinks to the VIP table I couldn't help but think how she would react when she realized I was a gangster. The roving hands and eyes were easy for me to handle and if someone wanted to get a bit frisky, I knew I would be fine. After all, I had trained with Aomine, the 'mad dog' of the Akashi group. 

If something went wrong, I would protect her.

The busy night flew on by and before long my shift was over. The hands and bodies that brushed up against me all night had increased the drunker the people got. Some of the men drank so much that me dodging out of the way or demanding they stop hadn't deterred them and the bouncers had to step up a few times to take the away. My wrist ached from when someone had tried to drag me into a bathroom stall. Lucky the bathroom had been empty and I had easily knocked him out, claiming to Reg that I had found him drunk and passed out. However, he had been a big man and my wrist was already starting to bruise.