Chapter 1

The rest of the week was more boring than usual due to (Y/n)'s overwhelming excitement of being able to go to Vegas with the guys. She was a little on hold about the idea of this Alan guy showing up with them. She understood he was a guy and this was the bachelor party, and if anything, she should be the one on hold. But from what she knew about him, Alan was not a normal... anything. She had met him before, of course, but only once or twice with the others. And from what she saw, she wasn't 100% sold on.

On that final Friday, (Y/n) had breezed through all her work too quickly. Her job was easy and gave her a well paycheck, but it was so boring when she got all her files finished for the day. Working in an office was not as fun as The Office made it seem. Especially when you work with a whole bunch of Angela's and half-Dwights. None of her co-workers were her friends, and she was fine with that. But, she did have this rousing suspicion that a young new hire, whose name was Trent, has a massive crush on her. Whenever she would get up to do anything, he was right there beside her, trying to make conversation. He wasn't all that nice, and on top of that, he wasn't all that good-looking either. Still, he tried to get her to talk, and she always ignored his attempts.

The day seemed to go as slow as a year, but finally, when that clock hit 5, she jumped up and grabbed her small bag of clothes and necessities that she was taking with her to Vegas. It was a small, blue suitcase that barely went up to her hip, so it was perfect for a one day trip. As soon as she went for the door, however, there was Trent, trying to get in her way.

"Hey, (Y/n). Wanna go to the bar tonight? I know a great one. The beer will knock your balls off," he said, and she could tell he had been working on that all day.

"No, Trent, get out of my way. Please. I have somewhere to be," she said, and tried to go around him, but he would just move right back in front of her.

"Come on, you can't spare an hour?" he asked, putting his hand on her shoulder. She jerked away from him, and glared hatefully into his eyes.

"I've already said no once, and I hate repeating myself. Move," she snapped, losing her patience. The boys were probably already waiting outside in the car, and here she was, trying to escape form the clutches of an annoying coworker.

Outside, Phil sat in the back seat of the car Doug was driving, Stu next to him as Alan sat in front of him. His eyes were glued to the door of the building (Y/n) worked in, and he sighed, leaning his head back against the seat. "Who are we waiting for again? I thought it was just going to be us four," Alan asked, a little bit of a whine in his voice. He still didn't know that (Y/n) was coming with them, and Doug knew that it wasn't a good idea to tell him until she hopped into the car with them.

"I've told you, we're waiting for another friend. They'll be right out," Doug said, glancing once more to the door.

Phil tapped his fingers against the car door, but when he heard a sound coming from the building, he perked his head up to see her coming through the door. His grin lifted, but it fell immediately when he saw a man trailing behind her. He looked to be in his mid to late twenties, but his hairline said late thirties. (Y/n) was obviously telling this man to fuck off, as she often had to do, but Phil knew better than to intercede. This would only make matters worse, and he knew this after trying on many occasions.

"Trent, go fuck a chair! I don't want to go out to a shitty beer with you, for Christ's sake!" he heard her shout, and Phil snorted his laughter.

Stu was looking out from his seat and said, "Should we help her?"

"Come on, Stu, you know better than to get in the middle of a fight with (Y/n), especially when she tells the guy to go fuck a chair," Phil stated, and Stu nodded his head in remembrance before looking back at the scene.