7

YOUNGMI grabbed Micha's hand and the two girls run out of Micha's house. The weekend had arrived and Youngmi was keen on getting out and doing things with her bestfriend.

The neighbourhood was full of kids and teenagers, so it was no surprise when they ran into a bunch of kids running to the field to watch the teenage boys play a game of baseball.

"Let's see who is playing!"
Youngmi said, grabbing Micha's hand and dragging her to the side of the field. Youngmi shoved some of the kids to the side so she could get to the front, where she leaned onto to fencing and looked ahead to the boys playing the sport.

"Oh look!"
Youngmi shouted, pointing at three boys next to each other on the field.
"Haechan, Jeno and Jaemin are here!"

"Where is Yujun?"
Micha asked, looking over the field for the fourth boy of the group everyone knew well.

"Right here, darling."
Yujun said flirtatiously from behind them. The two girls jump a little and look back at him in shock. Micha slapped his arm before looking back at game about to start.

"I'm not playing today. I'm dead from basketball training yesterday."

The three of them moved around the field to sit away from all the younger kids, finding a spot under a tree near the back a better place.

"After they finish let's all go get food."
Yujun suggested just as Jeno hit the ball to the far end.

"I actually have plans-"

"come on Micha!! it'll be fun."
Youngmi begged, putting her hands together and facing Micha. Having nothing else actually planned, Micha agrees with little choice.

She turned her head towards Jaemin who was holding the bat ready for his turn. Micha sighed and looked at her shoes knowing this wouldn't end well on her and Jaemin's relationship.

☁️

Jeno and Youngmi went to order the food everyone decided on, while Micha, Haechan, Jaemin and Yujun sat at table.

Jaemin was sitting in front of her, yet he managed to avoid looking at her the whole time so far. Considering the events of last night, Micha felt awkward even seeing him. It was no longer for the same reason now. More so that he knew her parents stricter side and had to see her treat everyone around as if they're royalty.

She could easily remember the times where she didn't follow her parents orders and rules. She slept at her grandmothers place for a week and her parents scolded her non-stop. She was only 12 when it happened.

Her dazed stare on the salt and peppers on the table worried Yujun who was previously chatting with Haechan and Jaemin. Yujun tapped her arm lightly and she flinched, looking at him surprised before smiling awkwardly.

"Sorry, just zoned out."

She leaned back into her seat and made eye contact with Jaemin but looked away to try and see if she could see Jeno and Youngmi. Jaemin turned in his seat and faced haechan more, talking to him about some game and the two started giggling about Jeno's loss last time they played.

Soon enough Jeno and Youngmi returned. Youngmi slid in next to Micha and Jeno sat next to Haechan.

"They said it will take a few minutes but it should be ready soon."

"I'm starving."
Jaemin said holding his stomach with one hand and resting his arm on Haechan who shoved him off.

Micha found herself trying to entertain herself with swinging her legs but ended up kicking Jaemin. In a moment of surprise, Jaemin shot her a surprised look but it quickly became a glare. He looked away from her though, and went back to laughing with Jeno over a dumb joke.

She stopped fidgeting once the food came and they all ate, all quieter than before but Haechan and Yujun still talked with their mouths full.

Micha felt Jaemin stare on her but she ignored him, trying to just enjoy the food and get out of there.

She had regretted what she said to jaemin that night so much now. He took it to heart and suddenly hated her guts. She was starting to hate his, but she couldn't tell if she hated him or was just upset with him for hating her.

"Once I finish eating, I'm going to go home."
Jaemin said second before putting more food into his mouth. The others just nodded and chewed. The silence was broken when Youngmi decided to speak up.

"Can Micha walk with you? she said she had plans and had to go home."