Chapter 9

Tay's POV

We were all sitting by the pool around one of the tables face to face. Everyone was in their own world before Tyler started to speak.

"Okay let's add spin the bottle to the mix. Who the bottle stops on has to choose between truth or dare. Truth can only be chosen 3 times max." I sat there with a straight face as I listened to Tyler explain rules we already knew.

"Let's just start" I said trying to ignore the bad feeling in my gut.

"I'll start" Cal said before spinning the bottle and we watched as it spun and landed on Meg.

"Truth or dare?" Cal asked her

They looked at each other with a challenging look which made Tyler amused and me even more nervous.

"Dare" the words came out of her mouth so smoothly that I looked over to see if her face matched the emotion in her tone. It did.

"I dare you to eat 2 spoons of hot sauce" Cal dared and I rolled my eyes realizing what he was doing.

He knew Meg hated hot sauce, but that didn't affect her mood at all. She excused her self and went to the kitchen to get the things to do her dare.

She came back with a small spoon and a bottle of Marie Sharp pepper. A playful smirk came on my face as I saw the tea spoon.

"You didn't specify the size." She shrugged before quickly taking the two spoons of hot sauce.

She grimaced as the hot liquid went down her throat and that made a satisfied smile spread on Cal face.

Karma worked quick and the bottle stopped on Cal this time.

"Dare" he said before she could even ask. It didn't faze Meg though because she only smirked in response.

"Okay... I dare you to drink the whole big jar of pickle juice" she specified and I let out a little gasp. Tyler and Meg started to laugh.

Cal hated pickles with a PASSION. Something about "green foods shouldn't taste green". His words not mine.

It was his turn to go into the kitchen. When he came back their laughter died down a little. Cal was holding a big ass jar of pickles with a disgusted expression on his face.

"Well go ahead" Meg taunted and Cal glared at her before taking off the lid and started drinking the green liquid.

Half way he choked and some came through his nose which made the 2 musketeers burst out laughing even more and me rushing to his aid.

I sent Meg a look and she stopped laughing but a small smile still played on her face.

" you can stop. It came through your nose that's enough for me." She said and Cal just gave her dissatisfying look before he went to get some water.

"Did you really have to go that far?" I whispered yell at her and she rolled her eyes at me.

"He started it plus this isn't the first time me and your precious boyfriend went back and forth like this." She reasoned and I sat back sinking into my chair after hearing that.

Yes I know It wasn't their first getting on each other nerves by using their dislikes. When we were younger, they will always go back and forth while I was being pulled in the middle. They always do this when we were friends but it's different now. And this feeling in my chest is confirming it.

This is really going to be a long night...

We were playing for about an hour now. I was wrapped in a towel because Tyler dared me to jump in the water fully clothed. Tyler smelled like egg because I might've dared him to allow 3 of us to throw a whole dozen at him. Meg still had flour in her hair from my  dare and Cal was still sneezing from the hot Cheeto I dared him to stick up his nose. Food is my thing in dares I guess.