Chapter 23

Tay's POV:

It was Friday and the day of the Club Expo. It was starting at 2pm, but we all got excused out of classes for the day to set up our respective booths. Since the seniors were not gonna be here next semester, we were in charge of setting up the booths. On the other hand the juniors were gonna operate the booths.

I was really tired from running all around looking for stationary stuff, so I decided to sit under a tree in the quad while drinking some water. I know we're all busy but I'm kind of bummed I didn't get to see Meg yet.

I was sitting under the tree for a good 5 minutes before Gia came rushing over to me frantically.

"We gotta go to the gym now!" she finally said after catching her breath.

"Gia I'm lowkey scared right now. What is happening??" i asked slowly getting anxious.

"You won't believe it until you see it." she tells me before dragging me over to the gym.

After 5 minutes of fast walking we made it to the gym and walked in. On the way here I bugged her to tell me what had her such in a rush, but she just ignored me the whole time. It was dark when we got in there and I couldn't see nothing. In that moment I realized I didn't feel Gia's hold on my hand anymore. What the fuck...

"Gia?" Nothing. Complete silence.

"Gia stop playing around. It's not funny anymore." Nothing again. By each second I got more and more paranoid and I was about to turn around and leave but then the lights flashed on.

I stopped in my steps and turned around to face the court to find my dance team in position and music started playing. They broke out into an contemporary r&b routine as 'Promise' by Ciara started playing.

Then the music faded out to Find Someone Like You by Snoh Aalegra (you could imagine another song if you'd like for both), and they all stood in front of each other making an aisle. Then the lights shut off again but it was not completely dark because there was one spotlight on where I stood.

"Take one step at a time!" someone said through a mic and i just mouthed an okay and took the first step.

When I got to the first pair, one handed me a note and the other handed me a sunflower.

The note said 'Will'

Then when I step forward again to the other pair another spotlight was where I was. They gave me the same things too.

This time the note said 'you'. Okay I think I know where this is going...

Then the other one said 'go'

The other said 'to'

And I went on and on until it all came together and said the sentence: "Will you go to prom with me?" At the end of the aisle I was holding onto 7 sunflowers and notes with tear filled eyes.

"Babe turn around" I heard from behind me and I dried my tears and sniffled to prevent the others that were threatening to fall.

"Okay" I said then fully turned to face the girl of my dreams. She was just dressed in the school uniform but still looked good as hell.

Immediately a fond smile came on her lips almost making my knees buckle on the spot. The she reached out her hands to me and handed me a note and another sunflower but this one was the biggest out all the others.

"Will you do me the honor of going to prom with me?" She shyly asked and I couldn't help but smirk at her cuteness. Yup I'm in love and it looks like she is too.