CHAPTER 12:ER

Chapter 12:ER

ROWOON KO

We are already in the entrance of the Emergency Room when I saw Randay running back to the hallway dahil sa sinabi ko.

Dumadagundong sa lakas ng tawa ni Randy sa hallway habang nagkwento ako sa kanya. As in mamatay matay na sa kakatawa kaya hinampas ko sa likod at habang nakakunot na ang noo ko.

"Dude, pikon mo! dati rati you're laughing with me but now you're stiff? Ano bang trouble ang na encounter mo kahapon at nag iba ka?"

"Wala naman nagka-trauma ata ako sa experience na yun?".

"Okay, okay, we stop here and let's continue later. We're here na in ER."

Iniangat ko ang aking mga kamay at inilabas sa bulsa ng white coat para magmukhang professional look.

Napahinto kami ni Randy sa entrance ng ER. Our heads were spinning, keep looking back from the entrance and exit.

All the doctors and nurses were busy running around because there were so many people shouting and crying.

We still can't move our bodies. We don't know where to start.

The ambulance keep on coming it seems that a big accident happened, kasi lahat ng dumarating duguan ang katawan yung iba sa ulo.

We came to our senses and we rushed toward them to help those victims. I attended first to the pregnant woman to push the wheelchair para malapatan agad ng first aid before heading into the labor room.

After 8 hours of long duty at the Emergency Room...

"Finally, we're done with our first duty for this week." Randy's horrible reaction, rolling his eyeballs and waving his hands in dismissal.

It feels like this is his first time in this situation.

"We've been doing it for almost four years." r
Exclaimed to him as always.

I tapped his back and said, "Bro. you will get used to being a resident next year." I laughed at him and I put my arm around him.

"Yeah, so true!" he now answered me with a poker face.

"Dude, let's hurry, I'll treat you to a coffee now. What do you want: ice-cold, hot, or frappe? —umm.. with blueberry cake? how 'bout that?" asking him in an excited tone for him to divert his mind because of a toxic duty namin for today.

"Yeah sure dude." he twisted the corner of his lips, "Which one we go?"

"I think the old one. B-but is it okay with you? umm.. you had so many bad memories there?"

"Nah, it's okay. I'm always there every week for meetings so I'm used to it." rolling my eyes and smirking.

"Immune na like what we were in the hospital."

"Really? You're such a terrible person, bro."

He's more at ease now and forgot what we've been through at the hospital the whole day.

We were already in the parking lot to ride our cars separately.

"Yeah, pretty sure! See yah, bro." waving my hand away from him and he too.

We are now heading to the cafe near our Elementary School wherein it happens that Jam's house is also inside the vicinity of that barangay. Again, I remember Jam's bag.

"Paano ko na kaya ito maisasauli? — umm.. Dapat hindi malalaman ni Randy bakit doon kami magkikita."

After half an hour of driving. I'm now in the parking lot of Ko's Cafe. I left my backpack in the car. I brought only my cell phone and my wallet.