CHAPTER 23: MIXED EMOTIONS

ROWOON KO

I went home feeling like I was walking on cloud nine... I was singing when someone slapped my back so hard that I almost fell.

"Aww tanggal na baga ko! Ang sakit grabe!"

Si noona pala, tawa ng tawa. She helped me to stand and embraced me.

"I'm sorry little brother. Seems that you're happy. Where have you been?"

Hindi ako sumasagot patuloy lang sa kusina kasabay niya habang pumipito pito. Seeing dad and mom at the dining table smiling at me.

"Weird, why all of them smiling like that, even Yaya Min-ji?"

"Hey! guys, how are you doing? Why are you smiling like that? Scary, though!"

Dad answered, "What's wrong, if naka-smile kami, son?"

Nagtawanan silang lahat at nagtitinginan.

"Anong meron?" nakakunot ang noo ko.

"What's happening? Did I miss something? Tell me? Yaya what's wrong?"

Nag Korean si Yaya at nagtawanan ang lahat ulit.

"Ang we-weirdo nila?" Sobrang nakakunot na ang noo ko. Hindi ako umuupo until they will explain to me why they are all laughing.

"You're crazy guys. Can you tell me what is going on here?"

Tinapik ako ni Ate sa likod ng malakas pero hindi ganon kalakas like earlier.

"Little brother, I think you have to sit down now and we should start to eat. We'll tell you later."

Umupo ako, staring one by one and I got my eyes questioning them. Sinasabi ng mata ko ano ba sinasabi niyo? Nilagyan ako ng food ni mom sa plate and said.

"Son, eat all of these, okay."

I just nodded. I'm waiting for them to explain but I find any. I was totally pissed off with them until we finished lunch.

"Nakakabadtrip sila. Parang mga sira."

Nakakunot parin ang noo ko,  kahit nakaalis na sila sa dining table.

"What the heck guys?"

Tumayo ako at lumapit kay Yaya at hinawakan ang braso.

"Ya, do you have something not to tell me?"

"Um, Ro. Nothing. They are just happy seeing you happy like that, kaya sila naka-smile sayo not to ruin your day but to support you. It seems that you were upset kaya ayun nag alisan nalang. You should feel sorry for them."

"That's all Ya?"

"I told you! Am I lying? When did I lie to you?"

"Never!" nakangiti na ako.

"See now you're smiling again as we've seen earlier."

Niyakap ko si Yaya Min-ji. Humalik sa pisngi niya at nagpaalam na pupuntahan ko sila Mom to apologise.

I went outside in our simple garden but exquisite, because of the people working behind it. We had so many different flowers and plants from different countries where mom and dad were fond of buying all of them. The beautiful scenery makes me feel at home.

I am the typical young adult, who likes to be at home, "really,"   but seems doesn't show that I am one of those people, who like to be in the back yard or garden reading my favorite history books. People tend to look at me as one of those brats who always wanted to party and womanize. Actually, I do not want that kind of life but had no choice ending like one.