Thirty-One

Frank was asleep.

It was about noon and he laid on his bed, his left arm stretched carelessly behind his head, his eyes closed and mouth slightly open. Millie lay curled up in the curve behind his knees, snoring gently and kicking her feet every once in a while. It was quiet in the small blue bedroom, yellow light gently streaming through the window, the air still and warm, Frank and Millie asleep under the soft, gray comforter.

However, it didn't stay like this for long.

Frank's mom interrupted their morning peace by opening the door and clapping her hands loudly until Frank woke up, disgruntled and confused, which made Millie jump up and look around as if to say "What?! What did I miss?!"

"Come on!" Frank's mom said, with way too much enthusiasm in her voice. "It's time to wake up!" she said, going over to pet Millie. "Yes Millie, tell this lazy boy he needs to get up and be a productive member of society!"

Frank rolled his eyes and groaned, putting his pillow over his face.

Many grumbles and one shower later, Frank lay on his made bed while his mom exercised, taking advantage of this time when she was busy and wouldn't make him do stuff. Maybe if he found something to do, she would leave him alone. Rolling onto his stomach, he pulled out his phone and clicked Gerard's name.